What's different from the original MC Operator? Never mind, this has FSC. DOH

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-loaded-45-acp/

milkmanjoe
01-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Rails on a 1911...:mad:...sacrilege

Caleb
01-15-2015, 09:49 PM

I don't think they are a bad thing if you use them. A 1911 with a light makes a nice home defense pistol. Ymmv

skosh69
01-15-2015, 10:13 PM
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-loaded-45-acp/

Sorry Howard, that's just a link that talks about the new one.

My question is/was what's different about this one compared to their previous model of the MC Operator.

To my knowledge, it's the front strap checkering.

The original MC Operator was released around 2005 if I'm not mistaken.

The original MC Operator came with a smooth front strap and had wrap around grips.

OBTW, the MC Operator was the first 1911 to have a rail for a light built into the frame.

milkmanjoe
01-15-2015, 11:32 PM
I don't think they are a bad thing if you use them. A 1911 with a light makes a nice home defense pistol. Ymmv

Nah......no rails, no lights...... Patooey

Caleb
01-16-2015, 07:45 AM

funny I can respect that.

brownie
01-16-2015, 08:16 AM
It's the only reason I won't own one

BlackKnight
01-16-2015, 08:20 AM
I carried a 1911 on the SWAT team for a number of years. Being able to attach a light has it's advantages.
As far as the OP I like it. That may be my next pistol.

milkmanjoe
01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
I carried a 1911 on the SWAT team for a number of years. Being able to attach a light has it's advantages.
As far as the OP I like it. That may be my next pistol.

Little voice in your ear..... Dan Wesson Valkryie, Dan Wesson Valkryie

I'm tapped on guns/ammo for 2015 already..I'm scratchin' arse trying to find 2K for a Valkryie.

Rick McC.
01-16-2015, 10:46 AM

My sentiments exactly.

On a poly pistol; who cares? But it just "uglies up" a 1911 to me.

Xbonz
01-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Little voice in your ear..... Dan Wesson Valkryie, Dan Wesson Valkryie

I'm tapped on guns/ammo for 2015 already..I'm scratchin' arse trying to find 2K for a Valkryie.

If scratchin your arse produces 2k, scratch the other cheek and get me some cash too please

RKP
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
If scratchin your arse produces 2k, scratch the other cheek and get me some cash too please

...... :D

pony up
01-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Must be some kind of mental calisthenics as I watch President Obama's press conference with David Cameron trying to explain how his approach has stalled the Iranian effort for a nuke with his sanctions and meetings. The pummeling of my gray matter with his twisted half assed moronic comments have blown my thoughts on this hand gun right out of my head. Sorry. I think, when I started, that it doesn't float my boat; but I can't remember why. :p

wamphyri13
01-23-2015, 06:33 PM
The only real difference is the front strap treatment and the VZ grips. These changes mean I can never get one again in California. They are also bringing back the Long Beach Operator. Basically the same gun in all black Armory Coat.
Ryan

BlackKnight
01-23-2015, 06:50 PM
The only real difference is the front strap treatment and the VZ grips. These changes mean I can never get one again in California. They are also bringing back the Long Beach Operator. Basically the same gun in all black Armory Coat.
Ryan
Wait, what? Please excuse my ignorance, but why would those changes preclude you from owning one in California?

skosh69
01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Wait, what? Please excuse my ignorance, but why would those changes preclude you from owning one in California?

Don't ask...:facepalm2:

Believe it or not, sometimes just the grips or finish can prevent us from owning one gun over another. It's our "roster" of safe guns list. Happens a lot with Springfield Armory.

Manufacturers have to submit 3 guns for testing and pay a fee if they want their guns to be sold in California. Among other examples of requirements of said guns is that they have an LCI - Loaded Chamber Indicator and magazine disconnect, if the mag is dropped the gun will not fire. 1911's are exempt from the mag disco.

Oh yeah, the approval for lack of better terms for allowing the gun to be able to be sold here is only good for a year. The mfr's have to keep renewing it if they want to continue to sell the gun here.

Don't get me started on the micro stamping that caused S&W and Ruger to pull their lineup from our shelves.

DrHenley
01-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Every change from the "approved" configuration has to be approved as a "new" model. From my understanding, in order for a "new" gun to be approved, it has to have a magazine disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. That rules out new 1911s.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

BlackKnight
01-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Don't ask...:facepalm2:

Believe it or not, sometimes just the grips or finish can prevent us from owning one gun over another. It's our "roster" of safe guns list. Happens a lot with Springfield Armory.

Manufacturers have to submit 3 guns for testing and pay a fee if they want their guns to be sold in California. Among other examples of requirements of said guns is that they have an LCI - Loaded Chamber Indicator and magazine disconnect, if the mag is dropped the gun will not fire. 1911's are exempt from the mag disco.

Oh yeah, the approval for lack of better terms for allowing the gun to be able to be sold here is only good for a year. The mfr's have to keep renewing it if they want to continue to sell the gun here.

Don't get me started on the micro stamping that caused S&W and Ruger to pull their lineup from our shelves.
Oh my. I wasn't aware of all those restrictions. It's a shame, becuase they win that way. They make it so hard for the manufacturers to sell in your state they'll just stop trying. That's what they want.
Man, I thought NJ was bad.
Anyway, I'm definitely looking into this when they become available.