PDA

View Full Version : Glock17/1911 two gun on two steel up on you yube

brownie
02-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Hit the desert for some range time with the pistols. Playing with the Enhanced Peripheral Vision © two guns on two threats at the same time. G17 turned full auto on steel plate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eN236EaJDQ

brownie
02-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Bttt,

ColMike
02-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Interesting.

milkmanjoe
02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Brownie....any logic to two different pistols? I practice this but with two G17's.

brownie
02-18-2015, 11:16 AM
Not really Joe, it's just the two I took to play with that day. One should be able to fire one handed equally well with any firearms handed them, but most don't practice enough to be able to hit like I do in the vid firing both at the same time or alternating between guns, all one handed.

Give new meaning to the term "BUG" gun when it could be drawn at the same time and fired as well and simultaneously if need be. Most of the time my BUG isn't the same gun as the primary,

brownie
02-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Interesting.

I developed that skill [ enhanced peripheral vision shooting skills ] using two guns like the vid on a bet back in the late 80's. I was told no way, no how it would ever be something reliable enough. Took me 1K rounds and a month to develop it so it could be imparted to anyone with little effort.

It helps develop off hand one handed shooting skills. The secret to it's success is not looking at either threat and using JUST peripheral vision with the guns below line of sight/

Joe's had the training, people get this the first time they try it under my guidance and directions. Just means everyone is capable of performing thusly, they just haven't figured out how.

brownie
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
I wonder how many here can actually hit anything with a firearm reliably with their off hand as shown?

milkmanjoe
02-18-2015, 01:37 PM
I developed that skill [ enhanced peripheral vision shooting skills ] using two guns like the vid on a bet back in the late 80's. I was told no way, no how it would ever be something reliable enough. Took me 1K rounds and a month to develop it so it could be imparted to anyone with little effort.

It helps develop off hand one handed shooting skills. The secret to it's success is not looking at either threat and using JUST peripheral vision with the guns below line of sight/

Joe's had the training, people get this the first time they try it under my guidance and directions. Just means everyone is capable of performing thusly, they just haven't figured out how.

I am one of the fortunate people who have a place to actually practice this skill. And I do. Alot. Even moving, with two G 17's. It is quite amazing how practicing this two handed drill can make one handed shooting easier.

I wonder how many here can actually hit anything with a firearm reliably with their off hand as shown?

Next class you hold I will shoot off hand and see if you think I have a grasp on it. My own opinion is I'm better offhand than most shooting primary hand. But again, I am fortunate to be able to practice at my own range.