Caleb
02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Awesome, I'm jealous.

flphotog
02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Very nice.

pony up
02-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Xbonz, you are going to love your little ECO. I loved mine when it arrived and shot so well. It felt a little small in the grip for my large meat hooks so I added full thickness Elk Horn grips and an arched one piece S&A main spring housing and magwell that not only solved that problem but this gun is the best point and shoot gun I own and my full time carry for the past two years. PS- it was one of the famous Dan Wesson Blemished pistols. I still have no idea what the blemish is. I have no clue what happened to the money I saved but if forced to guess I would say, "I bought some more grips I didn't need." :rolleyes: If I thought mine was going to go missing next week I would buy another today!

edgehill
02-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Very nice.

skosh69
02-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Congrats. ..nice pics and write up!

Sheepdog
02-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Congratulations! I think you spend way to much time in gun shops. You will love the gun. It has a pretty short sight radius, could be the consistency problem. Great carry gun.:cool:

pony up
02-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Nice write-up and a good first time out. I had similar lefty shot patterns and made the previously outlined changes that helped my comfort level but I was still left. I initially considered using my Ed Jennings sight pusher but found through dry firing that my longer than average trigger finger was not pushing straight back, but subtly pushing the point of aim left. Due to the shorter reach of the ECO's size to get the shot placement I want I have to inset my trigger finger further into the trigger guard and squeeze with front portion of the second pad. I know, not recommended technique but it works for me with the ECO. I have the long trigger option in my other 1911s. NOTE- I really like the ECO grips and would not have changed them if my hands were not so large. If anyone can use them I would be happy to send them along. Officer size thin. They are handsome. I can post a picture if wanted.

Xbonz
02-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try next time out..

pony up
02-21-2015, 05:32 PM
I didn't pick up what was happening during firing but at home dry firing, working on maintaining sight picture during trigger squeeze. It wasn't much, just pushed the front post up against the left side of the rear sight aperture leaving a larger white space on the right side of the post. My old eyes make it a challenge to get a good sight picture so I dry fire at the TV screen and that brightness gives me a sight picture I wish I always had when shooting. It may work for others. Seems to work best for me when LPGA Golf is on the tube. I am really focused. :)