PDA

View Full Version : question about CBOB

CaffeinFeign
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
took my DW cbob to the range for the second time today, i had some issues the first time at the range, so I have been working on solving the problem. My first go around I had some FTF problems with HP's, thought maybe it was the length of the round that was the problem. But today, I ran the firearm with a few rounds of everything I had in the house..NO Issues at all? The DW ate everything, from FMJ to JHP...as long as I only loaded 7 rounds in the mag. Thought maybe, the checkmate mags were the problem, tried every mag I could find in the house..(there were a few) and all of them seemed to do the same thing? Any thoughts? Anytime I load a full 8 in a mag...the mag may or may not take, if it does...I will be sure to have a FTF first round in. I have only owned 3 1911's so I am not really up on in's and out's of these firearms. I will say, even with only 7 rounds...this is the smoothest shooting firearm that I have owned or shot...:D

Olympus
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I would give DW a call and tell them what is going on. Sounds like it might be a mag catch since you're experiencing problems with the first round on a full mag.

RandallZ
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Are you slingshotting the slide, or dropping the slide stop for the first round? My guess is that you're using the slide stop to release the slide, and you may have a slightly weak recoil spring. Just a guess, though.... :shrug:

Thedragonslayer
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I would give DW a call and tell them what is going on. Sounds like it might be a mag catch since you're experiencing problems with the first round on a full mag.

Dave may be able to chime in here, but i agree with Olympus. I would not try to do anything to it till you atleast talk with DW. They will fix the problem and it will most likely have to go back to them to do it.

Just for giggles, I "assume" you were starting with 8 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. Gun fires the first round off the mag is fed, but doesnt return to battery? Or is the round not fed at all, or is it partially fed and is hung up with the round pointed up or at any angle other than toward the pipe? That will give Dave a little more information.

Its a shame youre having issues, but DW will fix it for sure and most likely without any questions. Is this gun new to you? Has anyother work been done on it that you know of?

They are great firing pistols, smooth as glass!

CaffeinFeign
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Are you slingshotting the slide, or dropping the slide stop for the first round? My guess is that you're using the slide stop to release the slide, and you may have a slightly weak recoil spring. Just a guess, though.... :shrug:
either way...i get the same result.. I have not even spoken about finding the frame all scratched up from the thumb saftey being moved up and down. Was shocked when I stripped it down and saw it..firearm is only two weeks old.. I can live with it though..took it out to shop and polished the area. Tried to call DW today to speak with them and as my luck goes...they are closed on East coast...have to wait til tomarrow. I love the cbob, but I must admit..never had this kind of bad luck with my Kimber. Anyway, from all that I have read, i am sure the people at DW will help once I finally get them on the phone. thanks to everyone for the advice...I will keep updating as it goes along. Sooo, looks like I will be back shooting the TLE II for awhile longer...

CaffeinFeign
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
sent an email to DW. Got one back. Solution: run another 3 to 4 hundred rounds through the gun and see what it is doing then...Bummer, I will have to go back to the range over the next couple of days...:D If I am not happy after that, send the gun back to DW for them to look at. honestly, I can live with only 7 rounds in the mag..if that is the way it pans out. This gun shoots better than anything I own. lets face it...i only gotta hit it with one...right? The thought is, the gun should settle down after awhile... so off to the range I go...:)