PDA

View Full Version : After Action Reports on Long Range Precision Rifle Course

bttbbob
02-23-2015, 09:45 AM
If this is out of line let me know but I felt privileged to pass on some students thoughts.

Posted on Snipers Hide

One of our students AAR of our Long Range Precision Course- Posted on Snipers Hide

Ok boys and girls, its not quite 2AM Monday morning, my first day back from
Bob's class, Have you ever had one of those moments when you figure out what you dont know? With a safe full of firearms and a lifetime of shooting, learned to shoot this weekend. After some classroom time we hit the range, Out of the chute at 100 yards, I easily lay down the best 3 rounds of my life. 100yrd.jpg
and we are just getting started. This man can teach me something. We work back in 100 yard increments and do the math, read the wind, whats it worth? Whats and inch worth at this range? MOA? MilRad? all the while you keep hearing the fundamentals floating in the wind behind you, breath, relax, settle down, stance, grip, trigger control. When I put 3 shots in under 1 inch at 300 yards, I figured it was time to drink the kool aid. At 800 yards the steel was starting to fear me
800yrd steel.jpg
At the end of the second range day it was time to separate the men from the boys. 1000 yards... shooting into a different zip code. I was there, until I did the math... How many inches? HOLY CRAP! ok whats an inch worth? how many clicks all in? Bang. High and right. settle down whats an inch worth ... click click click.... Bang, HIT! Bang HIT Bang HIT!
1000yrd steel.jpg

The last time I got this much satisfaction was when I learned about the G Spot.
Thank You Bob! You are worth every penny!

Xbonz
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM
WTG Bob!

Caleb
02-23-2015, 11:24 PM
On my to do list...... thanks for posting this.