PDA

View Full Version : CETME owners! Little help here!

Gatorade
03-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I have a Spanish CETME on temporary loan for a little while and got to shoot it the other day. Shot pretty good but had a feed issue and the charging handle got jammed up a little as well so I wasn't as impressed as the owner was with it. Accuracy is fine a couple inches left at 50 yards but 90% of all my firearms shoot that spot as well so I am thinking g it is probably operator error. However the reliability is what got me. Then while disassembling for cleaning, I got the stock off and the spring was loose but on the guide rod. Also once I got the trigger group off and the bolt out then two small pieces popped out a metal collar and a pin that looked like a Short AR take down pin. I checked online and the schematics are t very good but the short pin seems to have a hole that may line up with the hole at the very end of the guide rod that is attached to the buttstock. So if that pin worked loose or somehow came out and the collar and pin were loose while cycling then that may have caused the jam and the misfeed. If anyone has a CETME out there can you verify there is a small roll pin or something holding a mushroom cap pin on the end of the spring?

Trying to get it all back together was a royal pain and took almost half an hour of work to get it all lined up. So if the small pi is to blame then I may have to try and track one down and get it operating properly then I may give it another go. I like it for the .308 caliber and how it may be as close to an HK as I may get for a while. It is battle tested and I have a crap load of mags for it. I compare it to my SKS which is battle proven and reliable and the iron sights are just as good as the day they were made. It doesn't try to be a tacticool rifle. It just is good at being what it is.

Thanks for the help guys!

milkmanjoe
03-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Buy a PTR and forget that old Spanish cetme crappola.