PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Lane
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure what else to say, other than always maintain situational awareness when you are armed.

Tyler, a customer at the BP station, was killed about 8:15 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, inside the store. According to court papers, Smith and Hamiel arrived at the BP together on a single scooter and followed Tyler into the store.

Tyler, 48, had a concealed-carry permit, but his handgun was plainly visible that night in his holster, Johnson said.

"The suspects walk in and one immediately reached for Mr. Tyler's gun," Johnson said. Tyler did not draw his weapon.

According to court papers, Smith took Tyler's gun during a struggle and shot Tyler in the chest after the victim chased Smith inside the store. Authorities said they could not confirm that Tyler was killed with his own gun until they get the results of forensics testing. They also are awaiting test results to show whether the gun used to kill Tyler was the one used to shoot Cosby.

Full story from the Richmond-Times Dispatch (http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2011/dec/03/4/teen-homicide-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/)

Be safe.

Lane

NAMVET72
01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
That is why I don't believe in open carry, and 2nd why my Gun is never seen when I carry it.............

Clyde

GoldenVolt
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow! Carry a gun concealed to defined yourself... Open carry to make yourself a target. :( What's the wold coming to?

Not to make lite of the situation, but it would make life easier if you could open carry and not get jacked. :D

herefordman1
01-09-2012, 05:39 AM
IMHO, open carry in public is asking for trouble.

Jim

Lane
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
IMHO, open carry in public is asking for trouble.

Jim

On our local Utah CCW forum, this gets discussed back and forth on a regular basis. I'm neutral - if folks want to OC that's fine (and in this case it's not apparent that he was OCing); the key is making sure that you are on your toes and aware of your environment when you are carrying.

I've found that when I carry (roughly 60% of the time) - I'm much more attentive to who's around me and who's approaching my strong side. I won't even let my wife walk on my right side when I'm carrying.

When I see stories like this, I also wonder what the back story is; what are they not telling us?

Lane

AutoMag
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I might be a bit strange on this but when my wife and I go to a restaurant I try to be seated in such a manner so I can oversee if you will my surroundings!!

oldrifleman
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah you always need to understand what is going on around you. I spent my mid to late teens in an area with an extreamly high pick pocket rate. I quikly learned to always protect your perimeter and understand who and what was near your valuables. I don't carry all that often, but when I do I am very watchful of anyone on that side of me. Steven

Snipersnest
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Whether you are carrying or not, you should have your wits about you at all times. Be aware of your surroundings and who is there, in order to not become a victim. Don't be staring at the ground when you're walking, it makes you look weak and timid, ergo an easy target.