PDA

View Full Version : Threat Focused Pistol at Volusia Oct. 17-18

brownie
04-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Where: http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/

When: Saturday and Sunday, Oct 17-18, 2015

Cost: $450.00 which also covers range fees. Non refundable deposit of 200.00 required between July 1-31.

Times: 9am-5pm

Be on the range by 8:30am to load your ammo, gear up and make ready, we start shooting right at 9am both mornings.

Requirements: Eye and ear protection; up to 1500 rounds of ammo if you shoot a high cap pistol or up to 1100 rounds for single stack firearms; as many mags/speed loaders as you have; a belt holster and an open mind.

Course description of skills covered:

1. The scoop draw
2. WW2 ½ hip-Elbow Up/Elbow Down: [EU/ED]
3. WW2 ¾ hip-hand/eye coordination with and without movement along with the now highly anticipated gunfighter drill using this skill on cans placed downrange [ shooting gallery exercise ].
4. Zipper
5. Bump-2 body and 1 head shot from the hip at 4-6 feet from the holster:
6. Quick Kill Hip: multiple threats from the hip
7. Compressed ready: two handed
8. Quick Kill: one and two handed
9. Sprint and Hits
10. Hiding behind a wall of bullets in-line and obliquely
11. EU/ED with movement
12. WW2 point shoulder

A well made strong side holster and sturdy belt will be required for this course. We will be drawing from the holster 90% of the time all weekend. A holster will allow the students be able to re-holster an unloaded firearm and be safe once off the firing line while reloading mags/speed loaders without having to handle the firearm until returning to the line. No BH Serpa holsters on the range that weekend.

These skills are reactionary in nature, similar to having to draw from the holster out on the streets if one needs to defend themselves. I understand some may use a cross draw holster, or fanny pack, or perhaps pocket carry presently, but once students have completed the course, I believe they'll find the benefit of a good strong side outside or inside the waistband holster with their future carry requirements.

Kydex or leather is acceptable. I use both in classes and either will suffice equally with the skills covered.

If you want to secure your slot for this course, please respond here and I'll add your name to the running list we'll get started. No deposits due on this one until July so save your pennies, I'm giving everyone who would like to attend enough notice so they can secure their ammo allotments for this one.

Any questions about the course, the materials listed we'll cover, etc don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to getting back to Florida for this course and meet new and prior students.

milkmanjoe
04-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Brownie....check yer date....slowin' down is OK but going backwards is not good...LOL.....Will try to be there.

brownie
04-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Brownie....check yer date....slowin' down is OK but going backwards is not good...LOL.....Will try to be there.

Fixed it, thanks Joe. I announced last night and we have 11 already on board out of 20 total we'll handle on the range. Two other forums members are getting on board for this one, really really would like to hook up with you when down there in Oct sir.

edgehill
04-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Joe, you better show up. Also we'll need to see if Steven is bringing the grill again. That made lunch time nice.

brownie
04-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Joe, you better show up. Also we'll need to see if Steven is bringing the grill again. That made lunch time nice.

Steve will have the grille there.

pitor
04-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Best of luck with the class, folks this is a unique opportunity to learn from a true master of these skills.

milkmanjoe
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Fixed it, thanks Joe. I announced last night and we have 11 already on board out of 20 total we'll handle on the range. Two other forums members are getting on board for this one, really really would like to hook up with you when down there in Oct sir.

I have surgery in October so either I'll be shooting or a spectator. Depends how I'm healin'.

Rick McC.
04-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Mrs. Rick McC. will be attending to participate, and I'll be there to load her mags, and generally help out wherever I can.

Looking forward to it!

brownie
04-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Mrs. Rick McC. will be attending to participate, and I'll be there to load her mags, and generally help out wherever I can.

Looking forward to it!

Have her on the list presently attending. 4 slots left of 20 in under 48 hours of announcing this one

brownie
04-24-2015, 03:37 PM
ONE!!!!!!! slot left for this one and it's put to bed. We'll take alternates on a first come basis if we have any cancellations

brownie
04-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys

brownie
04-24-2015, 06:23 PM
This one has met the 20 quota, we'll start taking alternates names in the order they are received.