PDA

View Full Version : Attention wa. Shooters!!

Horse'nround
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
YOU MUST ACT TODAY!!

The prosecutor here in kitsap county has had an HO for all the gun ranges around here and has been trying to shut them down for a long time, his lastest angle is noise abaitment. The rest of the western side of the state has been watching and taking notes. This house bill 1503 was introduced to put an end to this CRAP and of course the media hasn't said a peep, so tomorrow is the vote, so we have today to bend our state reps ears. So if you live in Washington State and like to shoot call or email today and tell'em to vote YES!!

If the :hater::mob: wins here, they'll be after your range soon... Below is the email I received last night.

Action is needed NOW!

This Thursday, January 12, at 10am a hearing will be held in Olympia on House Bill 1508. The hearing will be held on the Capitol Campus at the John L. O’Brian building in Hearing Room A. The NRA has called and asked that KRRC show up and relate what has happened to us. Folks wanting to carpool down and at least sign up in support of the bill will meet at the range at 8am on Thursday morning.

First couple of lines read:

1 AN ACT Relating to protecting sport shooting ranges; adding a new

2 section to chapter 9.41 RCW; creating a new section; and declaring an

3 emergency.

You can read the full bill here:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1508.pdf

Please get the word out and attend if at all possible. Call, email and fax your state representative and let them know of your support for protecting ranges. The type of attack that happened to KRRC should never happen again! This would also put a major kink in the ordinance the County is putting together to try and regulate ranges. While not perfect, it is a step in the right direction and would have prevented, and will prevent, the type of attack we have just gone through (and are still awaiting the outcome).

Since writing the above, we have gotten word that members of “CK Safe and Quite” have already been contacting their reps and urging a “NO” vote on the legislation. They have particularly called out our range and is blaming you for bullets in homes. Not only have they presented absolutely no credible evidence in trial, they are off point in their assertions, but that doesn’t stop them from throwing a bad light on the legislation.

Here is the text of an email I received from a legislative liaison concerning the bill:

Marcus,

I have heard about two emails from Kitsap Co. residents to legislators urging a NO vote on the range protection bill. One of them discussed how great Poulsbo is and what a problem KRRC is. One of the emails indicated that a group of homeowners from the area would be at the hearing on Thursday. You guys better get communication to legislators fired up and be sure to be in Olympia on Thursday. They are talking about bullets landing on houses...same old tired BS and beyond the scope of the bill...but in need of rebuttal.

--
Go to the KRRC web site to see the NRA Alert and further instructions on who and how to contact your representatives to best let them know your range needs protection!

http://www.gunsafety.org/alerts.htm

Please get involved!

The range will be closed Thursday so the Range Officers and other volunteers can go to Olympia. I hope to see you at the range Thursday morning! At least, call and email the reps listed above to voice your support for range protection legislation.

--

Marcus Carter – Executive Officer

Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club

For Sport and National Defense

Since 1926

SemperFi1977m
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Boy am I sure glad I dont live anywhere near a west coast state. Good luck

Snipersnest
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Wow, even here in Massachusetts there is statute law that protects existing ranges. Good luck guys!

Sheepdog
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Good luck! Hope you get it stopped be fore it spreads. Looks like you need to take out a bounty on Kalifornians moving to your state.

Horse'nround
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Good luck! Hope you get it stopped be fore it spreads. Looks like you need to take out a bounty on Kalifornians moving to your state.

Can we PLEASE?? OH PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE!!!!! JUST TAGS WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.:insane: