PDA

View Full Version : DAN WESSON CCO Bobtail

eugunieum
01-16-2012, 03:24 PM
As the title says, I have been thinking about a Dan Wesson CCO Bobtail. I want a lightweight 1911 type compact gun for concealed carry only. I have a target model already, along with a lot of other pistols. I am to the point that I am so pissed by people bad mouthing every type of 1911 out there. To be honest, I am not afraid of mim or plastic parts, as long as the right materials are used. I do not plan to take this gun to the range and run zillions of rounds through it etc. I want to fire it enough to be competent with it, put it in a holster, carry it, and hope to God I never have to use it. Please educate me on the gun in the title. BTW I have a Glock model 36 in .45 that shoots anything I put in it and is accurate. I would just like to have a smaller 1911 that will do the same.

Thanks much,
Mark

jmlutz
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
CCO's are just fantastic pistols, check out this link to see how many of us feel about them. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=295184

Grizzman
01-16-2012, 09:46 PM
You'd have a hard time finding a better lightweight compact 1911 for carrying.....and shooting. The recoil is a little stiffer than a full sized steel 1911, but it's very shootable indeed.

I've put well over a thousand rounds through mine, and it's 100 percent reliable with everything I put in it.

If you'd like to shoot one, let me know.

Grizz