PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day at The Range. Wilson vs Wesson

dw1911
06-21-2015, 07:12 PM
This was a comparison, Dan Wesson Silverback vs. Wilson Combat CQB.
Each Target was at 50 feet. 20 rounds each, Federal 230 grain ball ammo
Light Wind, pretty high humidity, about 85 degrees.
Personally, I Love both guns! However, I don't see the justification to pay over $1000.00 more for a Wilson CQB over a Dan Wesson Silverback or even a Valor.
Judge for yourselves. By the way, both guns ran Flawlessly
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q668/dw19111/Dan%20Wesson%20Silverback%204-23-15%20017_zpsblox7bfd.jpg

Riverpigusmc
06-21-2015, 07:27 PM
good shootin'

dw1911
06-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Thanks! I Thoroughly Enjoyed shooting them! :D
ANY Day at The Range is a Good Day! :)

sdmc530
06-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Great shooting

skosh69
06-21-2015, 11:38 PM
However, I don't see the justification to pay over $1000.00 more for a Wilson CQB over a Dan Wesson Silverback or even a Valor.

Just because...that's why! Some people want a WC, other's don't. Some people want a DW, other's don't. It's just personal preference, that's all.

Some people have the need for a Porsche Panamera Turbo while other's are happy with a Toyota Corolla.

All we really need is a 1911 that shoots accurately and a Llama, Citidel or RIA can do that, right? Being hand built with all the bells and whistles are just ego boosters and this is coming from a guy who dropped serious coin on a Baer, just because he could.

ronpaul50
06-21-2015, 11:39 PM
Awesome!

dw1911
06-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Just because...that's why! Some people want a WC, other's don't. Some people want a DW, other's don't. It's just personal preference, that's all.

Some people have the need for a Porsche Panamera Turbo while other's are happy with a Toyota Corolla.

All we really need is a 1911 that shoots accurately and a Llama, Citidel or RIA can do that, right? Being hand built with all the bells and whistles are just ego boosters and this is coming from a guy who dropped serious coin on a Baer, just because he could.

I agree 100% Ellison. But I have sold a few Wilsons just to buy more Dan Wesson's
Just Because it is what I like!
All I am saying is this: Dan Wesson has been getting better & better. And IMHO reasonably priced for what you get. My "Test" just shows that a Dan Wesson 1911 will shoot as accurate as a Wilson and the fit and finish is equal to a Wilson, so is reliability. Believe Me, if I had the money to spend, I would buy a Wilson Supergrade in a second! And I would have it made to what I want it to be! One thing I really like with Dan Wesson is No Billboard on the slides, and no front serrations! Clean and Sleek! :D

Caleb
06-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Great shooting !!!

shooter
06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Great shootin. I agree dan Wesson is a good 1911 value. My friend has an Ed brown and bought a couple of dan wesssons and they were just as accurate in our hands.

RKP
06-22-2015, 09:29 AM
No surprise.

Barbie
06-23-2015, 11:45 AM
both great!
... but just... how do you see a target at 50'? Dang! At 45' I just point shoot the blurry thingy out there! Yes, I'm a newby. I shoot up to 25 yards only to adjust the group at 15 yards correcting errors, but just started the 25 yards less than a year ago and find extremely difficult if not impossible to aim.

bet it was a great day! I spent Father's day at the range also :D I deserved it too :D

milkmanjoe
06-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Nice shootin'....... The name on the gun don't matter to me. I have barbecue guns and $300 Llama 9mm Largos from 1933....If the gun don't puke and is reasonably(combat) accurate at 20 yards and in.....I'm happy....And I do stop buying guns at the $2K price. I love Wilsons and Nighthawks, every time I fondle one in the gunstore they feel so good. Then I leave the store, split $1K into thirds and put it in my kids' bank accounts. That would be the "extra thousand" for the high end guns.

dw1911
06-23-2015, 07:17 PM
both great!
... but just... how do you see a target at 50'? Dang! At 45' I just point shoot the blurry thingy out there! Yes, I'm a newby. I shoot up to 25 yards only to adjust the group at 15 yards correcting errors, but just started the 25 yards less than a year ago and find extremely difficult if not impossible to aim.

bet it was a great day! I spent Father's day at the range also :D I deserved it too :D

How do I see the Target? Special RX Trifocals! Seriously :D

skosh69
06-23-2015, 09:11 PM
I agree 100% Ellison. But I have sold a few Wilsons just to buy more Dan Wesson's
Just Because it is what I like!
All I am saying is this: Dan Wesson has been getting better & better. And IMHO reasonably priced for what you get. My "Test" just shows that a Dan Wesson 1911 will shoot as accurate as a Wilson and the fit and finish is equal to a Wilson, so is reliability. Believe Me, if I had the money to spend, I would buy a Wilson Supergrade in a second! And I would have it made to what I want it to be! One thing I really like with Dan Wesson is No Billboard on the slides, and no front serrations! Clean and Sleek! :D

I hear ya man, thanks for not taking my comment the wrong way. And you are 100% correct in the fact that you are getting a helluva gun for the price point when it comes to a DW.

And yes, the fact that DW slides come naked is a thing of beauty, "less is more"!