PDA

View Full Version : Cane, stick and draw point knife defense up on you tube

brownie
06-22-2015, 07:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4nouKS_NM

pitor
06-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Awesome training, awesome instructor, awesome attendees. Highly recommend to the crowd in here to try this sooner than later. Brownie keeps threatening with retiring.

brownie
06-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the thoughts pitor,

pony up
06-23-2015, 10:28 AM
I concur, awesome. The ballet of self defense. Eye opening. Life saving competence is learned thru practice of proper techniques. Without the techniques luck is ones only hope. Not a plan that works. Thank you for sharing, Brownie. I need to get there for classes. Old guys with challenges need all the "tricks" as we are unable targets.

brownie
06-23-2015, 10:43 AM
I concur, awesome. The ballet of self defense. Eye opening. Life saving competence is learned thru practice of proper techniques. Without the techniques luck is ones only hope. Not a plan that works. Thank you for sharing, Brownie. I need to get there for classes. Old guys with challenges need all the "tricks" as we are unable targets.

I like that, may I use it if attributed to you in postings and courses?

The more tools one knows how to use defensively, the better. I've given people ambi capability in 10 hours of double stick training without their even knowing it, until I asked them to drop the strong side stick and use only their off side arm/hand..

I fly with the cane, and a kubaton [ another very effective up close and personal implement ]. The cane is an "unconventional" weapon that one can have with them in non permissive environments [ NPE's ].

Appreciate your thoughts as well sir.

Barbie
06-23-2015, 11:34 AM

The more tools one knows how to use defensively, the better. I've given people ambi capability in 10 hours of double stick training without their even knowing it, until I asked them to drop the strong side stick and use only their off side arm/hand..

I fly with the cane, and a kubaton [ another very effective up close and personal implement ]. The cane is an "unconventional" weapon that one can have with them in non permissive environments [ NPE's ].

So true that! First time I attended your class I had a serious handicap on the weak arm, but the second time I really took advantage of it and I thank you for giving use to the weak hand/arm. Shooting was not a problem, but movement coordination was. I have a lot to thank your classes for. Such a shame I had to miss this one!

Not the cane class.... You wouldn't see me with a cane even if the doctor prescribe it :D funny

brownie
06-23-2015, 12:37 PM
So true that! First time I attended your class I had a serious handicap on the weak arm, but the second time I really took advantage of it and I thank you for giving use to the weak hand/arm. Shooting was not a problem, but movement coordination was. I have a lot to thank your classes for. Such a shame I had to miss this one!

Not the cane class.... You wouldn't see me with a cane even if the doctor prescribe it :D funny

You're welcome young lady, glad to have helped you discover that "other" arm of yours. :cool:

GD2A
06-23-2015, 01:03 PM
I must say, I'm impressed. That looks like a weekend of incredibly useful training. I guess the difficult part is keeping those skills sharp when you're back home and without a sparring partner. How do y'all practice on your own?

Barbie
06-23-2015, 02:30 PM
I must say, I'm impressed. That looks like a weekend of incredibly useful training. I guess the difficult part is keeping those skills sharp when you're back home and without a sparring partner. How do y'all practice on your own?

That's the bad part when you don't have a sparring partner or a group to practice... Except for this year, I've been able to get together on this or similar classes at least once or twice per year.

Brownie overwhelms you in the weekend so you take home a couple of techniques/movements, or more than a couple if you have previous training. At this pace, I hope he keeps in the business 15 more years........:D

GD2A
06-23-2015, 02:46 PM
If you can bring me up to speed on the basics, I'd join you for some sparring.

edgehill
06-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Matt, Ubaldo and I have met at Markham Park to practice together once. Maybe we could set a practice session up again.

At the end of this three days of class, I went one on one with Brownie with the Bowies. It was very instructive to see how many ways he could stop me, and by the end learning how to protect myself. It was a great class.

The cane class and sticks was great as well because it opened my eyes to other ways to defend myself.

It was well worth the investment.

GD2A
06-23-2015, 03:22 PM
That sounds swell, Andy. If y'all ever go early AM on a Sat/Sun please let me know.

pony up
06-23-2015, 05:00 PM

Of course. Flattered and pleased. Dennis

TLE2
06-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Brownie, if you ever decide to have a class in OKC, let me know. I'll be there with bells on.

Or Dallas-Fort Worth...

Riverpigusmc
06-23-2015, 07:10 PM
That's the bad part when you don't have a sparring partner or a group to practice... Except for this year, I've been able to get together on this or similar classes at least once or twice per year.

Brownie overwhelms you in the weekend so you take home a couple of techniques/movements, or more than a couple if you have previous training. At this pace, I hope he keeps in the business 15 more years........:D

I'll wrassle ya...say when :p

pitor
06-23-2015, 07:12 PM
I beat up a pole or tree. And "air train" im my back yard. Not much else to do.

brownie
06-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Matt, Ubaldo and I have met at Markham Park to practice together once. Maybe we could set a practice session up again.

At the end of this three days of class, I went one on one with Brownie with the Bowies. It was very instructive to see how many ways he could stop me, and by the end learning how to protect myself. It was a great class.

The cane class and sticks was great as well because it opened my eyes to other ways to defend myself.

It was well worth the investment.

It's up Andy [ you and I in the circle ], I posted the link here today. You learned a lot from the circle, mistakes made there will unlikely be made on the streets.

You're absolutely correct, the stick/s and cane open up a new world of SD concepts. You always have two stick on you, from your elbows to your axe hands. :D

brownie
06-23-2015, 08:46 PM
Brownie, if you ever decide to have a class in OKC, let me know. I'll be there with bells on.

Or Dallas-Fort Worth...

Will keep that in mind sir. Thanks

brownie
06-23-2015, 08:46 PM
Of course. Flattered and pleased. Dennis

Thank you sir

brownie
06-23-2015, 08:50 PM

It's hard without a partner with you in class you can both train together later with. It took me 3 years with Keating to be able to perform/remember everything from the first course. There's a lot of material covered and the exposure to a lot of material isn't expected to be remembered, but the concepts of the tool are ingrained, then it's up to each to get back home and get to work while it's still fresh.

I swung the sticks in the air for 3 years about 1-1.5 hrs a day so I wouldn't forget, then it was so ingrained that I could do it in my sleep.

Sheepdog
06-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Looks like fun!

brownie
06-23-2015, 10:50 PM
Looks like fun!

Till you get nailed with those sticks on the backs of your hands. :D

brownie
06-23-2015, 10:51 PM
I beat up a pole or tree. And "air train" im my back yard. Not much else to do.

I've beaten telephone poles near to death with a pair of sticks. Had to replace few sticks too !!!!!!!!!! :eek: