PDA

View Full Version : New 1911 9mm mazagines

DaFadda
07-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Ok...ok... ok.... I know the purists out there will tell me a.) there is no such thing as a 9mm 1911, and b.) that the "best mags" are Wilson, Chip McCormick, Tripp Research, etc. etc. etc.

I recently went looking for new magazines for my DW Guardian. All the big names were $35-$40 each, plus shipping. I finally went to Ebay and found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-9-mm-mag-magazine-mags-5-mags-9-shot-stainless-steel-USA-GREAT-DEAL/261965436988?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D29979%26meid%3D2da6eff63abc4fb4b05ed99fdedc cfda%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261 918698505

Yes, Ebay. Http://www.Joes1911magmania.com

So, do i take a chance on garbage mags when I'm getting them at a price of $18 each? Hmmmmmm...... I took the chance. I bought a 5 pack of these 9 shot mags. Loaded them to 8 rounds so that I could shoot 4 sets of double taps when practicing. After 3 months of shooting them twice or three times a week, I have experienced NO FTF, NO FTE. In fact... I've experienced no failures whatsoever. Of course, this is true of the Chip McCormicks and Tripp Research mags that I also purchased.... but if I have absolutely no jams... can I really justify the extra $20 bucks per magazine? I can't. These magazines seem to be overstocks from some of the major manufacturers... i.e. Metalform, Checkmate, etc...

On the customer service side... the ones you see are the ones that I ordered. When the order was delivered, Joe had accidentally sent five mags with the base pads installed. (they were actually the more expensive ones.) So I called and asked if they could just send me some new flush bases. He didn't have them. When I told him that it was not a problem, and that I was keeping the mags anyway... and that I could order the baseplates for $7 online.... Joe credited my paypal account for the $7.

So, I get five completely reliable magazines, tried and tested with both JHP and FMJ ammo, reloads as well as factory.... for $18 each. I've dropped at least 100 rounds through each one of these.

If you are in the market for some new magazines, I would recommend you visit Joe's page and consider that sometimes... you really do just pay for the name.

DaFadda

milkmanjoe
07-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Ok...ok... ok.... I know the purists out there will tell me a.) there is no such thing as a 9mm 1911, and b.) that the "best mags" are Wilson, Chip McCormick, Tripp Research, etc. etc. etc.

I recently went looking for new magazines for my DW Guardian. All the big names were $35-$40 each, plus shipping. I finally went to Ebay and found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-9-mm-mag-magazine-mags-5-mags-9-shot-stainless-steel-USA-GREAT-DEAL/261965436988?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D29979%26meid%3D2da6eff63abc4fb4b05ed99fdedc cfda%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261 918698505

Yes, Ebay. Http://www.Joes1911magmania.com

So, do i take a chance on garbage mags when I'm getting them at a price of $18 each? Hmmmmmm...... I took the chance. I bought a 5 pack of these 9 shot mags. Loaded them to 8 rounds so that I could shoot 4 sets of double taps when practicing. After 3 months of shooting them twice or three times a week, I have experienced NO FTF, NO FTE. In fact... I've experienced no failures whatsoever. Of course, this is true of the Chip McCormicks and Tripp Research mags that I also purchased.... but if I have absolutely no jams... can I really justify the extra $20 bucks per magazine? I can't. These magazines seem to be overstocks from some of the major manufacturers... i.e. Metalform, Checkmate, etc...

On the customer service side... the ones you see are the ones that I ordered. When the order was delivered, Joe had accidentally sent five mags with the base pads installed. (they were actually the more expensive ones.) So I called and asked if they could just send me some new flush bases. He didn't have them. When I told him that it was not a problem, and that I was keeping the mags anyway... and that I could order the baseplates for $7 online.... Joe credited my paypal account for the $7.

So, I get five completely reliable magazines, tried and tested with both JHP and FMJ ammo, reloads as well as factory.... for $18 each. I've dropped at least 100 rounds through each one of these.

If you are in the market for some new magazines, I would recommend you visit Joe's page and consider that sometimes... you really do just pay for the name.

DaFadda

I have dealt with Joes1911magmania for practice mags. Never had a problem either. Personally I do have a problem using them for SD cause I don't believe there is such a thing as an "overstock" 1911 mag. Deep down inside I KNOW the mags are flawed. I just haven't been able to find a flaw in years.:confused: Still, I have had ALL good performing mags from Joe, and like you show, ya cannot beat the price.

BadOscar
07-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Nice, thanks for the link. I'm also un-pure Fadda. A) I love my 9mm 1911's. and B) I dislike Wilson magazines.

milkmanjoe
07-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Nice, thanks for the link. I'm also un-pure Fadda. A) I love my 9mm 1911's. and B) I dislike Wilson magazines.

I forgot to address that..... I'm looking for a 9mm 1911. I'll couple it with Gold Dots and carry it. I have a (1932?) LLAMA 9mm Largo....only 9mm 1911 I ever shot. I absolutely KNOW I will love shooting a full size in 9mm.

DaFadda
07-18-2015, 04:52 PM
consider the 9mm DW Guardian. You won't regret it.

Caleb
07-18-2015, 06:03 PM
I have dealt with Joes1911magmania for practice mags. Never had a problem either. Personally I do have a problem using them for SD cause I don't believe there is such a thing as an "overstock" 1911 mag. Deep down inside I KNOW the mags are flawed. I just haven't been able to find a flaw in years.:confused: Still, I have had ALL good performing mags from Joe, and like you show, ya cannot beat the price.

I don't understand. ........ if you have had no failures, none, zip, zero, nada with these mags......why not SD carry them. The multiple rounds testing with no failures IS what would clear said product for SD use for me.

milkmanjoe
07-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't understand. ........ if you have had no failures, none, zip, zero, nada with these mags......why not SD carry them. The multiple rounds testing with no failures IS what would clear said product for SD use for me.

Did you catch the wee bit of sarcasm where I couldn't find anything wrong with them?:D

My confidence is with Tripp Cobra mags. Confidence in my self defense equipment is mandatory.