View Full Version : Carbide Die sets

Jdl2
08-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Are RCBS any better than Lee?
Thanks,
Jim

Lonestar grips.
08-20-2015, 01:11 PM
I have both RCBS and Lee dies and while I like them both the RCBS feel like they'll last forever. I haven't priced new dies in a long time but if they're similar in price i'd go with RCBS. if you're not a super serious reloader and the Lee dies are cheaper then i'd go with Lee.

sdmc530
08-20-2015, 03:14 PM
I have both RCBS and Lee dies and while I like them both the RCBS feel like they'll last forever. I haven't priced new dies in a long time but if they're similar in price i'd go with RCBS. if you're not a super serious reloader and the Lee dies are cheaper then i'd go with Lee.

Agree with the above, I have a blue press so I switched over to Dillon dies too, they are great. Love the Dillon but I did really like my RCBS too.

Riverpigusmc
08-20-2015, 07:50 PM
RCBS are higher quality dies, but they won't make better plinking ammo than Lee does. Perhaps for target competition, or rifle, RCBS are more consistent. I have RCBS/Lee/Hornady, and they all perform. The one die I will not be without is my Lee Factory crimp die. With just a twist of the top knob, I can increase or decrease crimp without moving my die body. Handy if you seat and crimp in different stations like I do

NAMVET72
08-20-2015, 11:51 PM
I only use rcbs dies little bit more expensive but they stAnd behind them 150 percent,

Clyde

DrHenley
08-21-2015, 11:41 AM
I use both and like both. I have more Lee dies just because they are cheap so I always have a set of Lee dies for every caliber.

In the rifle dies, I like their "Dead Length" seating dies that come with the Collet Die sets. They don't have a crimper so you can set the die so that the shellholder contacts the bottom of the die. Much easier to set up.

I also like the Lee tapered expanders, AND...I've never broken a Lee decapping pin...

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1046