PDA

View Full Version : CT COTEP Get together!

DaFadda
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi all,
Mike (MPRIMO) and myself finally were able to get together today and spent a few hours at the range. At the risk of embarrassing Mike... (eh.. what the 'ell...) What a NICE guy. Extremely knowledgeable about his firearms, and a pleasure to shoot with.

We each brought some toys to the big building in which people make lots of noise with metal things that go bang. Mike brought along a Guardian, a CCO, a couple of Valors... one with VZ grips.

On my end... I brought a SIG GSR 1911, a Colt Mustang Plus II, a Taurus 357 8 shot revolver, and my 3" Springer.

I can't speak for Mike, but I can tell you that from my perspective, shooting was secondary to the conversation. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being able to talk about firearms with someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

I only took a couple pictures, but Mike reminded me that people here seem to like to see dirty guns. So here's a couple:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/DaFadda/P1020529.jpg

No COTEP trip to the range would be complete without the obligatory "Photo Op"... so I had one of the range masters (you know.. .the guy that sweeps up the cartridges when no one else will).... take a picture. I'm the short guy!!!!

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/DaFadda/P1020526.jpg

And lest anyone think that MPrimo can't smile...... here he is "workin' the room"
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/DaFadda/P1020525.jpg

End result: I'm buying a Dan Wesson, most likely a CCO without a bobtail. It just felt that good. I'm going to get together with Mike again, this time at a range north of me where he shoots Plates. And... I'm going to buy a Dan Wesson. Oh... did I tell you that already. alllll right.......

I had a GREAT afternoon. Went back to work and didn't yell at my staff or students. Don't get better than today.

DaFadda Mike

NAMVET72
01-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Now that is what I call a Good Time, and Glad you two got to meet and had a Great Time.........

Also a Good Range Report, but did what did your wife say when you told her you wanted to buy another gun???????????????? Probably in your Dreams..........:D:D:D

Nice Pics............

Clyde

skosh69
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the post Mike, I really like hearing about Cotep members meeting and shooting!

GoldenVolt
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Mike,

Great thread and awesome pics.:rock:

Good to hear ya'll were able to get together and share some good times. :toast:

Greg

allrockabilly
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Good times for sure....

MajO
01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Great thread. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

cowboycowboy

MPrimo
01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
It's always nice to hook up with "like minded" people to enjoy our hobby. This was no exception. Michael was about as nice a guy as you can imagine and like he said ... we had a great time. I am sure he has the DW bug now ... the wide smile was clearly evident (as expected). :D

I have plenty of other toys to share on our next trip ... I am looking forward to it! Gotta believe that Michael will have his own CCO by then! :)

douglas_knott
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Very nice guys. I need to make some more time to meet with people around here.

Snipersnest
01-26-2012, 02:20 PM
That's cool!