PDA

View Full Version : Fell down the slipery slope head first today

deldago
01-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Went with a friend to the local class III dealer today to finally buy a supressor for my .22 as I have been wanting one for a while.When we get there we step out back and fire off several rounds in a Ruger Mark III and a bolt action rifle.Super sweet and I am hooked.Went inside and filled out the paperwork and paid and as we were getting ready to leave he said we could try out some others if we had time.So he pulls out a Glock 17L and its almost as quiet.Then he brings out the black guns in .223 and .308 and starts blasting away.So cool to shoot all these without any hearing protection under a roof!This is gonna get expensive real quick!

Riverpigusmc
01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Look out...now you'll be broke AND an enemy of the State :mob:
congrats

AutoMag
01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Congrats deldago!!:)

I am looking into an AWC Amphibian ll, gotta start buying my own new toys now that I am retired and no longer have access to the fun stuff!!!:D

deldago
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
I bought a Sparrow which comes apart real easy for cleaning as .22 is really dirty.The .308 was the most impressive and also the most expensive at $1600.00 but man was it impressive!It's gonna be a looooong 4-6 months.At least he allows congugal visits till the man finally approves my request.:cool:

GoldenVolt
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Congrats deldago on your class III.:cool:

Buddy at work got a permit for R&D on suppressors. After he built it he went down to the Sheriff station to show them. He asked how long he has for the research. Sheriff told him there wasn't a deadline, when he was done with the R&D to bring it back so they could destroy it.:confused:

RandallZ
01-28-2012, 08:29 AM
It sure must be nice living in a free state. :(
I'm envious.

Randall

Sheepdog
01-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Congratulations!!! It's only money.

Daedalus
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
It sure must be nice living in a free state. :(
I'm envious.