PDA

View Full Version : Got Mrs' "tacit approval" to buy

DaFadda
01-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey! Mrs. has indicated a new pistol is in my future. All I had to do was go to a Fred Astaire Dance studio, take a "free" lesson and sign up for a two lesson "special"... after which there will be a hard sell to get us to purchase a package.

I WILL purchase a package, probably six group and 4 private lessons. Before you all go laughing uproariously..... (and I'm sure your already snickering!) in our younger days, Grace and I were competitive ballroom dancers as a hobby. Yup! Just like "Dancing with the Stars". You have GOT to see me in spandex latin pants! (Now... there's a visual, and one that will put you into therapy for years!)

So while we don't dance competitively anymore, my enthusiasm to attend the sales pitch and take her dancing once a week for a month or so has seemed to pay off. And I'll enjoy the dancing myself anyway. She's not even telling me that it "has to be your own money" (of which I never have, she takes it all).... When I told her about my desire for a Dan Wesson... she just smiled at her girlfriend and said "he's a collector, and he's mine" THEN she said, "if we buy the dance package, your'e good to go on your new pistol."

HAH! Now I have to figure out which one... The Guardian in 9 or 45? Or the CCO in 45?

Opinions welcome y'all
Dafadda

jmlutz
01-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Well,you gotta do what you gotta do:) I'd get a CCO, but I'd love to have a .45 Guardian myself, I'm very curious about the DW's I don't have:) Good luck whichever way you decide! Mike

herefordman1
01-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I (we) took dance lessons a few years back, but I didn't get a new gun for the troture:D

NAMVET72
01-29-2012, 04:02 PM
How much did it cost you or what did you bribe her with???????

I would get a 45 CCO.......

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
01-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, it sounds like it will all work out for you, so good job. I, however will never try this.if I tried to dance, it would look like a bear stung on the testicles on ice..not a pretty sight. Maybe you can get Clyde to go too, and get a group rate.....come to think of it, if you make THAT hapen, we'll all take up a collection for your pistol:D

jmlutz
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Go for the CCO Michael, you won't regret it:) Mike http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/jmlutz/Picture015.jpg

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Congrats Michael. nanner

The things men have to ender to get what we want...............:D
And a one, and a two..........Hehehehehe........................... ..:)

I hope you don't start dressing like Liberace........................:eek:

DaFadda
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Now this is the type of response I expected! "A man's got to do what a Man's got to do"... I figure the dance lessons will end up around a $1000 bucks.... so a CCO or Guardian is an even trade. But I'm still not sure which I want.

I've shot the 9mm Guardian when I was with MPrimo, and the CCO, and the Valor. I agree with MPrimo; shooting plates with the Guardian in 9mm is like cheating at cards. It points that smooth. BUT.... I'm a 45 guy, and the CCO would make a wonderful carry.

Still need and respect YOUR opinions... so keep 'em coming!

BTW... the dance lessons will require an additional investment in Cialus!

DaFadda
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
@ Goldenvolt...... START dressing like Liberace? Would that be in public or in private? ROFLMAO

Lane
01-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I WILL purchase a package, probably six group and 4 private lessons

First, it amazes me what we'll do for a new firearm. :D Second, the rule of the forum is "it didn't happen without pictures." In this case, I want video.nanner

Lane

NAMVET72
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
First, it amazes me what we'll do for a new firearm. :D Second, the rule of the forum is "it didn't happen without pictures." In this case, I want video.nanner

Lane

+100 To What Lane just Posted, we expect a Video

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
01-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Now this is the type of response I expected! "A man's got to do what a Man's got to do"... I figure the dance lessons will end up around a $1000 bucks.... so a CCO or Guardian is an even trade. But I'm still not sure which I want.

I've shot the 9mm Guardian when I was with MPrimo, and the CCO, and the Valor. I agree with MPrimo; shooting plates with the Guardian in 9mm is like cheating at cards. It points that smooth. BUT.... I'm a 45 guy, and the CCO would make a wonderful carry.

Still need and respect YOUR opinions... so keep 'em coming!

BTW... the dance lessons will require an additional investment in Cialus!

whats a "9MM"????? 9 Mighty Mice? That's a poodle shooter:D
Get the .45

Feathermerchant
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
whats a "9MM"????? 9 Mighty Mice? That's a poodle shooter:D
Get the .45

A 9MM is a .45 set on "stun". I vote for the .45.

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
@ Goldenvolt...... START dressing like Liberace? Would that be in public or in private? ROFLMAO

Hay Mike, if you want to start dressing like a flamboyant piano player outside your house.............. That's your progitive......:eek:

Just kidding...........

I know you wouldn't go outside dressed like that.:D

Greg

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
All joking aside..... If your going to carry it, make it a 45:)

Greg

MPrimo
01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
There is a nice, new CCO in stock at Hoffman's (or at least there was on Saturday), Michael ... just sayin'!

Mike

Sheepdog
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
One more vote for the CCO!

zenfly
01-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I wear the pants in our house and I have my wife's permission to say so..

DaFadda
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Found a new CCO Bobtail for $1300. Is that a decent price?

Grizzman
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd pay that price for sure.

Grizz

MPrimo
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Price sounds right! Make sure it's not a blem and you're good to go!!!

kramm
01-30-2012, 10:33 PM
$1300.00 would be a good price, as mentioned though check it's not a blem.
Go for the CCO.

Mark

CalWhit33
01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
I wear the pants in our relationship, but she controls the zipper.

I say get the guardian in 9mm, but that's because I already have a cco. Or a valor or vbob or eco or...