PDA

View Full Version : Well, another one followed me home

oldrifleman
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Stopped in one of the Local shops last Friday and ended up bringing home a new Heritage 45. Here is the Family group shot.

Took the CBOB and the Heritage out Saturday to the range and put about 150 through the Heritage. The was a slight burp at about 30 rounds or so when the Slide locked up on the frame. I cleared it (dropped the mag and worked the slide until it broke free) and it occured again about 5 rounds later. I stripped the slide off, cleaned the rails and liberally lubed it up again with the DW lube bottle and reassembled. Ran about another 130 through it with no issues! I am pretty happy. I have also discovered I prefer 5" guns to the shorter slides. but I will still keep my CBOB :D. Steven

BadOscar
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice group of guns you got there. See if the top of the ejector has rub marks on it. I had a couple of mine lock up for that reason, it seems to get worse as the gun warms up and begins to get a little dirty. A few passes with a stone on the top of the ejector usually clears it up if it is rubbing.

Just to be sure, also check that the roll pin is installed that holds the ejector in.

NAMVET72
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Does you wife know yet???????? Boy are you headed to the Dog House.
Congrats...........

Clyde

douglas_knott
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Very nice I love my 09 heritage.

oldrifleman
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Does you wife know yet???????? Boy are you headed to the Dog House.
Congrats...........

Clyde
Wife Does not know and I think I have managed to hide the expenditure. she also never looks in the safe:D Steven

oldrifleman
01-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Nice group of guns you got there. See if the top of the ejector has rub marks on it. I had a couple of mine lock up for that reason, it seems to get worse as the gun warms up and begins to get a little dirty. A few passes with a stone on the top of the ejector usually clears it up if it is rubbing.

Just to be sure, also check that the roll pin is installed that holds the ejector in.
Thanks I will check those areas, I pretty sure the Pin is in, but the Ejector height is an interesting issue as it started after a few about 25-30 fast shots right off the bat. Steven

GoldenVolt
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Congrats Steven on your new Heritage.:)

Sorry you experienced some problems.:( Please let us know what you find.

Greg

oldrifleman
01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks, I am not worried at all especially since after the hiccup I put 130 or o through with a glitch. These thing happen, especially with new machinery. Steven

Sheepdog
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Very Nice! I think you have a handle on the problem. The stainless on stainless guns need to be run wet with a heavy viscosity oil. I had mine well lubed with Rem Oil and was not heavy enough to hold up. I use FP-10 and Mobil One.