PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson Valor

Free Agent
01-30-2012, 06:22 PM
I currently own only one 1911. A Dan Wesson Valor. I've shot a bunch of Kimbers but dont have a lot of experience with other brands as I've only gotten into 1911's in the past year. Well here is my take on the Valor. The fit and finish is outstanding. The 25 lpi checkering is absolutely perfect in my opinion. It has plenty of grip without being too much. The straight 8 Heinie sights are great. I didn't know how to feel about them at first but after the first range trip I became a huge fan. The target acquisition is quick and easy. I like the slimline VZ grips it came with, they fit my hands great and have a good amount of bite to them. And the most important, the gun is a blast to shoot. I love .45 acp and the Valor handles it like a true champ. It fits your hand perfectly. The recoil is minimal, making follow up shots a breeze. And the accuracy is amazing. If you cant hit what your shooting at with a Valor you should never be near one. haha. So far she's ate everything I've fed her and in over 600 rounds not a single malfunction. I've heard people question the price point of the Valors and VBOBs. In my opinion its well worth every last dollar I spent on it. And to be honest, it would take a lot for me to consider another manufacturer other then Dan Wesson. I in no way claim to be an expert at anything and am always open to opinions and constructive criticism. Thanks for listening to me ramble and can I please drop my mimber lover title now?

NAMVET72
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Great Range Report and Thanks for the Pics............

Clyde

Snipersnest
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the report. In order to lose the Mimber Lover, you have to give up your first born! :p

douglas_knott
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the range report and great pics. Gotta love a Kimber too. Lol

GoldenVolt
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the range report.:)

Funny you'd think with the target at 3 yards you'd have better grouping.:D hehehehehehe.................funny

Kidding...................... Nice shooting.:)

Greg

Sheepdog
01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Great range report. I love target photos in range reports. Very nice shooting.

dw1911
01-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Great Valor & Nice Shooting! Watch out, those things are addictive ya know! :D

dw1911
01-31-2012, 12:28 AM
What ammo were you shooting that target with? Just Curious! Great Shooting there!:target:

DaFadda
01-31-2012, 05:23 AM
OOOOOOOO a CLEAN gun.... that's going to raise some eyebrows around here! LOL... welcome to the forum!
Dafadda

Free Agent
01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
What ammo were you shooting that target with? Just Curious! Great Shooting there!:target:

It was Remington shurshot 230gr fmj.

Free Agent
01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Great Valor & Nice Shooting! Watch out, those things are addictive ya know! :D

True statement. The Guardian is next.