PDA

View Full Version : VBOB Magazine Questions for new guy

Jemathews25
02-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm the new guy Jimmy. I just purchased a VBOB and I am heading to the range this weekend. I know that Checkmate supplies magazines to Dan Wesson and to Kimber. I have four KimPro 7 round tac mags that I was wanting to use during the break-in period. Here is my question.....If I use these Kimber magazines will my VBOB catch the MIM virus and turn into a Mimber Zombie?!?!:confused: I don't want my VBOB to catch this dreaded disease, please advise!!!

GoldenVolt
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I've heard of Kimbers and Dan Wessons living side by side.:D

Sheepdog
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
DW's are immune to the mim virus. If you have a stainless VBob, please run it wet with FP-10, Mil-tec or my favorite Mobil 1. NO REM OIL! The rails need to be well lubed during break in. I would also lube and rack the slide 100 times or so before heading to the range.

Jemathews25
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the advice, because I normally use Rem Oil. It will be used for other things now! I'm assuming the supplied oil is FP-10 or of the same caliber?

DW's are immune to the mim virus. If you have a stainless VBob, please run it wet with FP-10, Mil-tec or my favorite Mobil 1. NO REM OIL! The rails need to be well lubed during break in. I would also lube and rack the slide 100 times or so before heading to the range.

Riverpigusmc
02-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Wilson makes a heavy oil you can use after the breakin called Ultimalube universal..close to a grease..stays put and doesnt get on your clothes when you carry. Run light oil like Scott said during breakin though..and oil the rails frequently on a SS pistol when breaking it in..as far as the MIM disease..wrap that rascal:D

skosh69
02-02-2012, 10:18 PM

Yeppers...mine live side by side...no issues yet!

douglas_knott
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeppers...mine live side by side...no issues yet!

You don't see issues, because you also live in Kalifornia. Your already brainwashed.

dw1911
02-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Like has been said
Dan Wesson's are Immune to the MIM Virus! Also, lube it up good with the supplied lube during break in! FP-10 is good. I am pretty sure that's what's in that little bottle. Aftewr Break in, that Wilson Ultima-Lube II Universal is some good stuff! I have some!
:insane:

TJM
02-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, because I normally use Rem Oil. It will be used for other things now! I'm assuming the supplied oil is FP-10 or of the same caliber?

I recall reading a few weeks ago a similar reply on the big forum to similar question. DW rep said the enclosed oil is DW's own brew, similar to FP-10, and their intent is to market it themselves some day. They recommended FP-10 and Mili-tec1 as two very good brands. I've been using the Mili-tec with good results on my Valor.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

DaFadda
02-04-2012, 05:48 AM
JE... Your fine using the K mags. They've been "fixed"... and are disease free.
DaFadda

Daedalus
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM

The Supreme Court ruled that was illegal in 49 states and the various territories. Kalifornia was considered exempt since inhuman cohabitation is considered normal there :D

DaFadda
02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Daed... see my previous post. Kim*** mags have been neutered or spayed, and will not cause disease in a REAL handgun.

nannernannernannernannernanner

Dafadda