PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up!!

Snipersnest
02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Tagging Gun Owners
Posted on January 4, 2012 by Georgetown PD
Gun lovers public service announcement:

While I was in a Texas gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this
on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that's less well guarded or not under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer. The Sheriff of Bexar County came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition; too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. Daily, check you car, truck or motor home for unusual painted dots, marks, checkmarks or other strange looking symbols that are not normal to your vehicle; it could prevent you from being a victim of robbery, or even save your life if you catch the thief in the act.
This next comment from a gun site instructor: I don't know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the
NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting c l a y s know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken into when parked for lunch etc. Some gang-crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself resulting in 27 high-end shotguns being taken there recently; they know when 1400 shooters, with high $$ competition guns are in town. A young man, who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals, and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus Christi the month before.

If this is happening in Texas then it is a pretty safe bet it's happening all over the U.S.

NAMVET72
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
No Problem I carry every place I go that is allowed...........

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
02-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I carry most every place. Allowed or not

Roverron
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Same here, I carry any place law will allow. I haven't heard of it here yet, but wouldn't be shocked.

GoldenVolt
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info...

So no one but me brings multiple guns to the range??????

Greg

deldago
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I am not calling :bs: on this but I recieved this e mail just a couple of days ago.http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8178

Daedalus
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
It's been making the rounds for quite awhile

sdmc530
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I carry most every place. Allowed or not

AMEN! Me too, but being the law helps...he he

Snipersnest
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I am not calling :bs: on this but I recieved this e mail just a couple of days ago.http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8178

From that link you posted I'd have to say it's BS too. My buddy from Florida sent the e-mail to me and I figured it was legit. He usually checks everything through SNOPES, guess this one slipped through the cracks!

sdmc530
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
this has been around for a long time, I've heard this over and over again...but a great joke non the less!

AutoMag
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
No Problem I carry every place I go that is allowed...........

Clyde

Clyde, your Johnny Seven gun does not cut it my friend!!!:D:D

SmithEC
02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I suppose it's all been de-bunked, but it does make for a good story. Especially if you're down in the area cited.

The BBQ place in Corpus would possibly be Rudy's on SPID. It would't be Joe Cotten's in Robstown, because it burned down months ago (a lot of folks not from this area actually know this place).

It's unbelievable how many people in San Antonio and Houston will leave a firearm in a vehicle unattended.

The only thing more unbelievable is the number of folks who will tell you on an internet forumn that their handgun was stolen from a vehicle left in the driveway overnight.