PDA

View Full Version : shotgun frt . sight placement ?

Arley
01-06-2016, 12:27 PM
I have this Savage 410 that has been cut down to legal length but needs a front sight put on .

I am only fairly intelligent but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to find the center of the barrel for said sight . :o:confused:

sdmc530
01-06-2016, 01:30 PM
I have nothing to offer except I would probably take it to a smith.....but that is me. I am not afraid to tackle most gun projects but a critical thing like a new sight placement, I am passing on that.....

Caleb
01-06-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm not a smith and don't play one on tv. But, if I were to do it.....this would be how.

Put the gun in a padded vise, now level it in all directions. Make sure it's level then, check again. Next, take a Tsquare and place it on the (side) end of the barrel were said sight will go. Level (might need three hands) the Tsquare and mark the center line on top of the barrel were you want the sight. Drill, tap, and insert the bead or dot. Done.

Did that make sense? Sounded good in my head...lol.

sdmc530
01-06-2016, 02:59 PM
I'm not a smith and don't play one on tv. But, if I were to do it.....this would be how.

Put the gun in a padded vise, now level it in all directions. Make sure it's level then, check again. Next, take a Tsquare and place it on the (side) end of the barrel were said sight will go. Level (might need three hands) the Tsquare and mark the center line on top of the barrel were you want the sight. Drill, tap, and insert the bead or dot. Done.

It makes sense but nothing else in your head does I bet funny

Caleb
01-06-2016, 06:08 PM
It makes sense but nothing else in your head does I bet funny

funny ...... I don't see what you a......................SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

Arley
01-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Thanks . I'll see if that works

Arley