PDA

View Full Version : Did you know????

skosh69
01-10-2016, 12:42 AM
I had no idea????

http://rangehot.com/1911-trivia/

The perfect armorer’s tool is an M-16 firing pin, and this was no accident. When Eugene Stoner heard that the US military was looking at his little black rifle, he implemented a small modification to the existing pin that allowed it to complement the American service pistol. Even the small tip can be used to punch out the mainspring cap pin far enough to grasp it with the finger and thumb. Stoner was a pretty sharp cookie in his own right.

Check it out. The stepped diameters of the pin fit every hole on the pistol, and the small diameter behind the tip is even the perfect length to use as a slave pin for the sear and disconnect.

Caleb
01-10-2016, 12:46 AM
Interesting. ....

sdmc530
01-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Huh....

7.62Kolectr
01-10-2016, 03:25 PM
No M16 firing pin needed.

The 1911 contains everything one needs in its own design.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/tech/toolbox.htm

TLE2
01-10-2016, 05:07 PM
I did know that.

skosh69
01-11-2016, 04:11 PM
No M16 firing pin needed.

The 1911 contains everything one needs in its own design.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/tech/toolbox.htm

Thank you Cpt. Obvious.

Your info, while valuable, has been discussed here before and it was not point of this thread.

The focal point of this thread was bringing to light the other uses of the M-16 firing pin.

milkmanjoe
01-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Then how do ya shoot the bad guys if ya took the firing pin out yer rifle to fix yer pistol? Ohhh, I get it, that's why grenades were invented....hehehehe

Which brings a question to mind....Are the pins in grenades good for taking guns apart too? Sounds kinda tricky to me. Ya know, with blowing up and all.

skosh69
01-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Then how do ya shoot the bad guys if ya took the firing pin out yer rifle to fix yer pistol? Ohhh, I get it, that's why grenades were invented....hehehehe

Which brings a question to mind....Are the pins in grenades good for taking guns apart too? Sounds kinda tricky to me. Ya know, with blowing up and all.

Let's get pig to try out that scenario......

funny funny funny

Riverpigusmc
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
grenades will take most anything apart.....it's the ultimate "**** you"

AFJuvat
05-24-2016, 03:16 PM

The diameter of a grenade pin is too large to get all of pins out of your M4 or 1911, but it can remove some of them.
If you want to try, the proper method is as follows:

1. Call Pvt Skippy over to assist.
2. Pass positive control of the grenade to Pvt. Skippy.
3. Remind Pvt. Skippy of the importance of keeping the handle depressed at all times.
4. Visually confirm that Pvt. Skippy does in fact have the handle depressed.
5. Pull pin from grenade.
6. Have Pvt. Skippy move at least 50 yards downrange, preferably at double-time. Disregard whiny noises coming from Pvt Skippy.
7. Use pin as necessary to disassemble firearm, take your time, some things cannot be rushed. Continue to disregard whiny noises coming from Pvt Skippy.
8. Upon completion of task, place grenade pin in an easily accessible area, move at least 50 yards down range, instruct Pvt Skippy to retrieve the pin and make the grenade safe, again, at double-time.
9. Reiterate to Pvt. Skippy the importance of keeping the handle depressed while making the grenade safe.
10. Start unit level punishment action against Pvt. Skippy for unauthorized removal of explosive safety device.
:D

skosh69
05-24-2016, 07:53 PM
The diameter of a grenade pin is too large to get all of pins out of your M4 or 1911, but it can remove some of them.

3. Remind Pvt. Skippy of the importance of keeping the handle depressed at all times.
6. Have Pvt. Skippy move at least 50 yards downrange, preferably at double-time. Disregard whiny noises coming from Pvt Skippy.
7. Use pin as necessary to disassemble firearm, take your time, some things cannot be rushed. Continue to disregard whiny noises coming from Pvt Skippy.
8. Upon completion of task, place grenade pin in an easily accessible area, move at least 50 yards down range, instruct Pvt Skippy to retrieve the pin and make the grenade safe, again, at double-time.
9. Reiterate to Pvt. Skippy the importance of keeping the handle depressed while making the grenade safe.
10. Start unit level punishment action against Pvt. Skippy for unauthorized removal of explosive safety device.

Too funny

Riverpigusmc
05-24-2016, 08:06 PM

funnyfunny.....I DID that kinda crap to snuffies :p

Caleb
05-24-2016, 08:21 PM
That's funny!!!!