PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever

Riverpigusmc
01-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Mount a black powder rifle scope on a centerfire high power rifle? The Bushnell Banner I won from Doc turned out to be for black powder, I should have looked at the box before I burned ammo trying to zero it. Too late in the game to order and sight another scope

TLE2
01-22-2016, 07:47 PM
From my reading, it appears that the difference between the MZ and CF lines is the reticle.

Riverpigusmc
01-22-2016, 07:52 PM
This is the older Banner 3x9-40. No longer made, but the model number says it is for blackpowder and shotgun. Only difference I could find was parallax, but this scope had the adjustable parallax lens. I hope I can get it zeroed to 100 yards, but I've been through three boxes of .308 already

Caleb
01-22-2016, 08:03 PM
I could 2 day send you my Redfield Battlezone if you want to try it out. It has .308 turrets on it with hash style mil dots on it.

Riverpigusmc
01-22-2016, 08:20 PM
I could 2 day send you my Redfield Battlezone if you want to try it out. It has .308 turrets on it with hash style mil dots on it.

Thanks, brother, but my range days are limited. Monday is it. VA just called me at 2000 tonight and want me in for a catscan next week. If I can't zero this one, I may get a loaner rifle from the Colonel

Caleb
01-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Thanks, brother, but my range days are limited. Monday is it. VA just called me at 2000 tonight and want me in for a catscan next week. If I can't zero this one, I may get a loaner rifle from the Colonel

Roger that.

Hope all is , Mike.

sdmc530
01-22-2016, 08:40 PM
My FIL had an issue too, he put a rifle scope on a BP gun. Couldn't zero it. Here is why according to the gunsmith:

BP optics are set up for 100 yards, rifle are not, start at what 50 yards I guess, the reticle is different.
BP optics are manufactured for the "abuse" it would only get on a BP rifle, so in theory a standard optic would work both but not the other way. The scopes are not built to the same strengths I guess. But a rifle scope would not shoot well on a BP because a rifle scope is made for distances over 100 yards, well over. BP are made for the most reach of 125-150 because after 125 the odds of a kill shot are pretty slim so they don't need to make them reach out that far......

Now this is basically what we were told not sure if there is any truth to this.