PDA

View Full Version : The goal come Feb 9th

brownie
02-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Barring weather-------I've got a lady who doesn't have any experience with handguns meeting Keith [ ranger buddy ] and I next Tuesday morning.

1. Have her shoot cold to establish a base of proficiency before training

2. Instruct her on the basics of handhold, trigger control and sight alignment -- document the time interval of training

3. Retest her to document gains in accuracy and command of the basics

4. Then on to 1/2 hip -- document the start and end time [ how many minutes of instruction and practice on 1/2 ]

5. Have her shoot 1/2 hip and document her results

6. Then on to 3/4 hip training -- document the start and end time [ how many minutes of instruction and practice on 3/4 ]

7. Have her shoot 3/4 hip and document her results

8. repeat the above for point shoulder and then quick kill pistol

I'll have two cameras rolling. We'll shut the cameras off during her training but document the start and stop times and have her shoot the skills.

Objective:

Take a complete novice housewife from zero to 60mph in 2-3 hours, documenting how quickly one can be given instruction in basics [ proper handhold, trigger control and sights use ] and 2-3 threat focused skills.

I'll then edit and put the final on my you tube channel. It'll be interesting to see how far I can take a novice in 2-3 hours. She's agreed to allow me to post publicly on you tube in exchange for no fee for the training. As of now, she's being loaned a g17 and belt holster. She's providing her own ammunition and has to buy a belt that will support the firearm on her waist.

pitor
02-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Very interesting demonstration Brownie. Looking forward to the video :)

milkmanjoe
02-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Interesting.....very interesting.....you will need to conduct this experiment more then once to be able to compare results......as Rodney Dangerfield said
"Take my wife....please".....

Xbonz
02-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Interesting.....very interesting.....you will need to conduct this experiment more then once to be able to compare results......as Rodney Dangerfield said
"Take my wife....please".....

I think you mean Henny Youngman...

Gonna be interesting Brownie. Looking forward to results..

milkmanjoe
02-02-2016, 06:25 PM
I think you mean Henny Youngman...

Gonna be interesting Brownie. Looking forward to results..

Who cares.....take her please.....:D

TLE2
02-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I will be interested as myself. I've got two granddaughters just about to get their SDA (concealed carry). They are already good shots. You're kind of training would make them better.

brownie
02-02-2016, 08:32 PM
I will be interested as myself. I've got two granddaughters just about to get their SDA (concealed carry). They are already good shots. You're kind of training would make them better.

Appreciate everyones thoughts. 7 days and we're "on"

milkmanjoe
02-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Appreciate everyones thoughts. 7 days and we're "on"

It's gonna be interesting, and a good test to your video skills.

brownie
02-03-2016, 08:38 AM
It's gonna be interesting, and a good test to your video skills.

I'll have two video cameras set up on tripods Joe,

DaFadda
02-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Be sure to post the link here after you are done with the video. (for us social media inept persons). It will be interesting!

DaFadda

brownie
02-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Be sure to post the link here after you are done with the video. (for us social media inept persons). It will be interesting!

DaFadda

Will do sir,

milkmanjoe
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll have two video cameras set up on tripods Joe,

Cool....multiple angles will make an educating video. Grapevine says you have a class early April, you gonna video that?

Caleb
02-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Very interesting, can't wait to see the results.

brownie
02-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Cool....multiple angles will make an educating video. Grapevine says you have a class early April, you gonna video that?

I'm planning on bringing both cameras, how much time I get to record during the weekend depends on if I can get one of the students to film some of this stuff while I'm watching this crew like a hawk.

This one is alumni only, no skills training. Decision making time in scenarios, solve the problem type stuff. tactical decisions along with several fof scenario's.

Just sent the airsofts to Fla. and others are bringing their own. I hope to capture a lot of students in the middle of a scenario,.

Thanks caleb

Caleb
02-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Brownie. Will you post up even if it's a fail? I'm not saying it will be but, the student has to be all in to absorb and retain the training. If it doesn't go as planned maybe give you professional opinions of why. Ect...

brownie
02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Brownie. Will you post up even if it's a fail? I'm not saying it will be but, the student has to be all in to absorb and retain the training. If it doesn't go as planned maybe give you professional opinions of why. Ect...

Yes sir, good bad or ugly, it's going to be published. It's a fail for me if I can't get her to shoot basics and a few threat focused skills in 2-3 hours.

longest I've spent on basics of handhold, sight alignment and trigger control with a new shooter was a woman just last week. Took 75 minutes to get her comfortable with the safety rules, guns controls, and the basics.

What was rewarding was her shooting once that phase started. She was busting fist sized rocks at 15 yrds and cut a 1/2 wide stick stuck in the ground from 8 feet, in half. It was worth the extra time on basics. 100 rds later, she was ready to go and happy to hand over some do re me.

If this one takes 75 minutes, and 10 minutes to shoot for score on tape, that will leave me up to 1 1/2 hours to get her up to speed on 2-3 threat focused skills. Should be doable based on how quickly 20 can pick them up on one of my lines.

But ya, it'll be posted up.

Caleb
02-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see the video.

Yes sir, good bad or ugly, it's going to be published. It's a fail for me if I can't get her to shoot basics and a few threat focused skills in 2-3 hours.

longest I've spent on basics of handhold, sight alignment and trigger control with a new shooter was a woman just last week. Took 75 minutes to get her comfortable with the safety rules, guns controls, and the basics.

What was rewarding was her shooting once that phase started. She was busting fist sized rocks at 15 yrds and cut a 1/2 wide stick stuck in the ground from 8 feet, in half. It was worth the extra time on basics. 100 rds later, she was ready to go and happy to hand over some do re me.

If this one takes 75 minutes, and 10 minutes to shoot for score on tape, that will leave me up to 1 1/2 hours to get her up to speed on 2-3 threat focused skills. Should be doable based on how quickly 20 can pick them up on one of my lines.

But ya, it'll be posted up.

Riverpigusmc
02-03-2016, 08:59 PM
I like video's of females :p

brownie
02-03-2016, 10:52 PM
I like video's of females :p

You may or may not consider her a looker, but there'll be no doubt she's female.

Rick McC.
02-03-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm saying right now; no doubt in my mind she'll come out of it a shooter.

brownie
02-04-2016, 03:02 AM
I'm saying right now; no doubt in my mind she'll come out of it a shooter.

"That's because you know what I can do with my little finger" :eek:

milkmanjoe
02-04-2016, 05:55 AM
I will probably stop in Volusia the weekend of the class. For the next two months I am back and forth to South Carolina alot, wouldn't pass the exit if you are in town.

brownie
02-04-2016, 12:13 PM
I will probably stop in Volusia the weekend of the class. For the next two months I am back and forth to South Carolina alot, wouldn't pass the exit if you are in town.
It would be great to spend some time with you, I'm sure many of the alumni would welcome the visit as well Joe,

Rick McC.
02-04-2016, 02:58 PM
It would be great to spend some time with you, I'm sure many of the alumni would welcome the visit as well Joe,

For sure! :toast:

brownie
03-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Denise, for your viewing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiJXD-LK-A

Riverpigusmc
03-18-2016, 08:39 PM
boobs and Pigtails. I'm in lust. Errrr....love

I like girls :D