PDA

View Full Version : Shock Buffs?

dw1911
02-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Hey, has anyone here used Shock Buffs in a Full Size Dan Wesson?
My New Valor has about 250 rounds of only 230 grain Federal Ball Ammo through it, the guide rod face shows some "peening" from the frame contacts. Those shock buffs work good in my Wilson's, but I hesitate to use them in my Valor. That's why I'm asking.
Feedback is appreciated! :)

NAMVET72
02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
IMHO every time you shoot your DW there will be little scratches and dents, as for the shok buffs are useless and can also cause Problems .........

Clyde

dw1911
02-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Clyde!
I know that there will be wear points, I was only curious about what others thought. And, yes, I tried those in a Springer once, it DID cause minor issues.
Like, weird ejection patterns, etc. Nothing Major, but issues nonetheless!
Thanks for the feedback Clyde! You're The Man! :)

AutoMag
02-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Shock buffs and a 1911 equal trouble. Lose it fast!!!

If not changed regularly they will come apart. If you are in a defensive situation and it decides to come apart at that time it could spell disaster for you. When they come apart, and they WILL come apart they will most likely jam your weapon.

dw1911
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Not using them, just asking about them. No Worries.
Your input is important to Me!
Thank You Very Much My Friend!

Shock buffs and a 1911 equal trouble. Lose it fast!!!

If not changed regularly they will come apart. If you are in a defensive situation and it decides to come apart at that time it could spell disaster for you. When they come apart, and they WILL come apart they will most likely jam your weapon.

Olympus
02-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Not using them, just asking about them. No Worries.
Your input is important to Me!
Thank You Very Much My Friend!

Maybe the confusion comes for your original post where you say that they work good in your Wilsons, but hesitate to use them in your valor.

But I agree, they are not worth the potential trouble.