PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Arms

Roverron
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Has anyone shot or owned any of the Fusion Arms 1911's? All of the reviews seem to be older reviews more than a couple of years old. The guns "look" good on the website and he does have a lot of caliber offerings as well as choices for everything else.
Thanks

douglas_knott
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Oh hell. Lol. Talk to Alan, also known as Hail Caesar. He will give you his experience. Or just look at his signature line, friends don't let friends shoot fusion's.

Roverron
02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it!

oopie
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh hell. Lol. Talk to Alan, also known as Hail Caesar. He will give you his experience. Or just look at his signature line, friends don't let friends shoot fusion's.

I totally disagree. My experience with Fusion was a very good one. They were great to deal with, and I got a top notch custom Commander size gun. It is by far one of my best shooters,along with my DW CCO. I would definately custom order another one. I LOVE my fusion.

titanse05
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Another one with a good experience with Fusion. I bought my Fusion Scout XL on GB for a steal of a price and have since made it my own. I added a fusion chainlink mainspring housing with magwell, 10-8 rear sight with XS front night sight, and sent it back to fusion to have the top of the slide serrated and re-ion bonded as well as the barrel crowned. My favorite 1911 even over my 3 Dan Wessons......not by much though.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

Roverron
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
thanks, that helps! I'm looking for a Commander size as a CCW. I also have a VBOB black on order (no one here carries DW's or even LB's in stock so all have to be ordered unless you use one of the auctions)

deldago
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I have looked at buying one for awhile and it seems to be a love or hate thing.It seems all good on the other forum but I talked to a couple of members by PM because they didn't feel comfortable saying anything in public.If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck.I haven't been able to overcome that in my mind.Ordered what I wanted from the Springfield Custom shop even though it's a year wait and $1000.00 more.

titanse05
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I wanted to add that it is certainly a love/hate thing with Fusion but one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't drop $2k on one and then wait 9 months for it.

Roverron
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
and that's the issue I have. Gunbroker has 3 listed (NIB) today, but . . . . I've gotten the same feeling from others. I've never shot or held one but I know the DW's and a friend's Les Baer and NH Custom.

MajO
02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I have looked at buying one for awhile and it seems to be a love or hate thing.It seems all good on the other forum but I talked to a couple of members by PM because they didn't feel comfortable saying anything in public.If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck.I haven't been able to overcome that in my mind.Ordered what I wanted from the Springfield Custom shop even though it's a year wait and $1000.00 more.

My understanding with the "other forum" is that less than favorable posts are deleted by the moderators. I like my Fusion (bought used) so far. We'll see after I get it back from Robar, how well it shoots. Fusion builds guns to order and sells kits. After I bought my Fusion, I called them and Bob (CEO) answered the phone and was helpful. Two months ago, I sent a letter to the CEO of Colt and he couldn't be bothered acknowledging the letter. Colt has had my pistol for over ten months, for a 4-6 month tactical package. Guess who I would do business with again. :kick:

I certainly agree that "If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck." This has been my experience with most things in life. You could pay a $1000 more at the Springfield Custom Shop and still get a lemon. Here is hoping that your Springfield, and my Colt, if I ever get it back, are everything we want them to be. cowboycowboy

Blue Ridge
02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Bob Serva has done something to royally piss off more than a few people. I have NEVER seen such anger at a gun maker as you'll see towards him on the 1911 forum that allows free speech.

This said, I've never even seen one in person, let alone owned one. They certainly do make a beautiful 1911. I got a quote from them on a bobtail commander, but got spooked off and bought a Vbob instead. Still wonder what I would have ended up getting. I might give them a try one day, I hate to let stranger's experiences on the Internet steer me away from a "good one." I've read dozens of people giving Walther P22's the business, and I have 25,000 rounds through one. Certainly, not everyone is getting the same results. And a happy customer is going to make a lot less noise than an unhappy one. But $2000+ is a lot of money, and I'd be afraid to take such a risk. I haven't heard people who are unhappy with Wilson's or GI No Names.

Riverpigusmc
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I wanted to add that it is certainly a love/hate thing with Fusion but one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't drop $2k on one and then wait 9 months for it.

Anything you order custom now is 8 months to a year..Wilson, Brown, Baer, NH...the difference is with those companies, you KNOW you'll get a warranty and customer service..with Fusion, I don't know. I can't say anything about the company one way or the other, but before I put down 2-3 grand (and I did) I'd want to make sure of those points. YMMV

Roverron
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for that. I do have a VBOB blk on order but want to add another semi to have around. More to consider before chunking down the bucks!