PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Information

edgehill
06-11-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm not in the market for a shotgun, but I came across this great article on shotguns. Thought I'd share.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/4ngs1f/so_you_want_a_shotgun_or_how_you_learned_to_stop/

FfNJGTFO
06-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Bookmarked.

I own two Mossberg 930 semi-autos. Originally in NJ, I bought the "Home Security" model (4+1) capacity, but I pimped it up to an "almost" JM-Pro. I added a 28" barrel, modified choke, and a two-shell tube extension to make the capacity 6+1 (the NJ Legal limit for semi-auto shotties), extender bracket, and a JM-Pro like charging handle, etc.

Now that I'm living in FL, I can own a *real* JM Pro, so I bought one. :D I will give my "almost" JM-Pro to my nephew when he turns 18. I'm already holding on to his Henry H001 lever action rifle that his grandmother bought him, so he'll get both when he's able.

Roger the section on "point vs. aim." One of the biggest challenges for me as I'm left-eye dominant (a 1.25 diopter astigmatism in the right eye from a childhood injury). So I try to shoot the 930's as a "southpaw." Not sure if it's any more accurate, but it seems to feel better, anyway...

The learning continues...