PDA

View Full Version : How to keep your 30 end magazines in California

Gatorade
07-06-2016, 11:10 PM
http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?62497-458-SOCOM-and-50-Beowulf-interest

It was mentioned above that .458 Socom fits 9 rounds into a standard 5.56 magazine. So a .458 Socom upper would mean you wouldn't need to get rid of any 30 round 5.56 magazines. For as much as some have invested in Pmags a .458 Socom upper might be a legal way to hang on to them.

Gatorade
07-06-2016, 11:22 PM
45Freak explained it much better than I could:

We all have now heard that Commiefornia has now passed a 10rd limit on magazines. Scuttlebutt from AR owners there are now hitting the forums and social networks that the .458 SOCOM uppers are now in demand due to their capability to use a standard 30rd metal 5.56 magazine that will hold nine .458 SOCOM rds.. they are stating "What 30rd 5.56 magazines, those are 9rd .458 SOCOM magazines" and they have a point, if you own an .458 SOCOM uppered AR then they (LEA) can't do anything about having a 30rd 5.56 magazine.

If I was government limited to 10rd magazines then this would be a great idea. Have those 10 rds be the most powerful ammo firing rifles legally obtainable. The .458 SOCOM is touted to have the same ballistic coefficient as the 45-70 government round. I see many folks in these restricted areas choosing the big bore uppers over a 5.56 in a max capacity of ten rounds. This "loophole" was made evident only hours after Gov. Brown nose signed legislation into law.

What does this mean? Commiefornians can obtain a .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf upper and slap it on their ARs and keep those 30rd 5.56 magazines and use them for their .458 SOCOM ARs and keep their 5.56 uppers in storage. Of course the .50 Beowulf takes a dedicated magazine but if you were limited to ten rds then why not go for extreme power rounds.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/458-SOCOM/products/438/

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/c...061656817.html

I do see manufacturers going back to the permanently attached magazine uppers with a stripper clip capable loading uppers that they developed before the "Bullet Button" designed rifles.
Last edited by 45Freak; Yesterday at 03:28 PM.

TLE2
07-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Just move back to the USA.

skosh69
07-07-2016, 07:05 AM
I'm going to have to ask my local forum about this loophole, but it seems like an awfully expensive alternative just to keep a few mags, not that I would turn them in anyway!

Gatorade
07-07-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm going to have to ask my local forum about this loophole, but it seems like an awfully expensive alternative just to keep a few mags, not that I would turn them in anyway!

It's just an upper and some people have 25+ mags @ $12 each that is $300 in mags.

Also it would serve double duty to show them how absurd it is to confiscate from law abiding owners.

skosh69
07-07-2016, 08:18 PM
It's just an upper and some people have 25+ mags @ $12 each that is $300 in mags.

Also it would serve double duty to show them how absurd it is to confiscate from law abiding owners.

I understand that the mags are not cheap and some people do have hundreds of dollars worth of mags, but those 458 uppers are not cheap, most over $1300.

I guess I'm just missing the point of buying another upper just to be able to thumb my nose at the gov't and to be able use a certain magazine in public, simply because if it's capacity.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't turn in any magazines, regardless of capacity. Would I use any mags that hold more than 10 while in public, of course not. But what I have behind closed doors to protect my family is none of ANYONE'S business.

There are plenty of places to use those mags where the watchful eye of big brother is not around.

I did copy the quote and posted it on the California forum, I'll keep you posted with responses.

Thanks for posting the possible option.

skosh69
07-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Apparently, the proposed "circumvention" was not received well, as it was a bright idea and a few of my fellow Calguns members said that I should keep this great idea to myself and not let the "anti's" see it, so as to not give them more ideas for bans...ie 458 Socom uppers.

DrHenley
07-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Little chimp buddy, I think you are pretty much screwed in Kali. I don't see things getting any better short of a future conservative SCOTUS that overturns the anti-2nd Amendment laws.

With the invasion from Mexico, I don't see how the populace can get more conservative.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1046

skosh69
07-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Little chimp buddy, I think you are pretty much screwed in Kali. I don't see things getting any better short of a future conservative SCOTUS that overturns the anti-2nd Amendment laws.

With the invasion from Mexico, I don't see how the populace can get more conservative.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1046

Thank you sir.

AFJuvat
07-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Thank you sir.

Needless to say, those of us living in free states are more than willing to send 'care packages' if needed.:D

skosh69
07-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Needless to say, those of us living in free states are more than willing to send 'care packages' if needed.:D

What a kind gesture, thank you as well.

Riverpigusmc
07-08-2016, 01:29 PM

Nephew.....it's a reason to buy a new toy.....what's not to like?? Tell Mayla Uncle pig said it's ok...