PDA

View Full Version : Torq wrench ??

Arley
07-08-2016, 11:18 AM
I didn't know where to put this so if wrong I am sorry .:confused:

Got this for free but I have no way of knowing how to use it . :o I can usually figure things out but not this one . It is a torq wrench in LB / In .

I went on line and found where they are sold ( not Cheap ) , but no instructions . I don't need it but I am curious about things like this ( tools )

http://www.specialized.net/Specialized/TS30-Utica-Torque-Screwdriver-630-inlb-1019.aspx

Any ideas ? or if you have one Let me know .

Arley

sdmc530
07-08-2016, 12:48 PM
damn lucky bugger. I have one like that but not that one for working on bicycles. Inch pounds is very important to be accurate so its an invaluable tool for me. the handle should turn to index the desired inch pounds you want. Looks like a very nice tool for sure. I am assuming it uses hex/torx head drivers.

Very nice indeed. mine was under $50 because it was I was willing to spend so probably not nearly as accurate as your model. NICE!!

Riverpigusmc
07-08-2016, 01:07 PM
should be a rotating scale somewhere on it to dial in the setting you want in inch pounds. Once you reach that value, it will freely spin so you can't go any tighter. When you are not using it, store it on the lowest setting to keep the internals from being stressed long term

Sheepdog
07-08-2016, 07:59 PM
When mounting many scopes, the directions(yes read the directions) indicate the poundage the rings should be torqued.