PDA

View Full Version : Threat focused pistol- Okeechobbe Oct 29-30, 2016

brownie
07-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Threat focused pistol- Okeechobbe Oct 29-30, 2016

Well, I secured the range bay wide enough to make this a go.

When: Oct 29-30
Where: Okeechobee shooting sports http://www.okshooting.com/
Cost: 440.00 total which includes 40.00 for two days of range fees
Times: Be on the range by 8:30 to gear up. We shoot at 9am until about 5pm both days
Equipment needed:

1. Strong side belt holster, no serpas/crossdraws/small of back holsters.
2. 1000 -1400 rounds of ammunition
3. eye and ear protection
4. bring enough magazines so you can stay on the line longer and get more range time than loading time during the weekend

We'll cover WW2 1/2 hip; 3/4 hip; point shoulder; Quick Kill pistol; then all 4 while moving out of the kill zone; moving obliquely away in both directions while firing [ sprint and hits starting at bad breath distance ] and several other non core skills if we deem we have the time.

I can take 16 maximum on the range, we'll be running two lines. One line always shooting, the other reloading mags/taking breaks and rehydrating. There's an overhang so there's shade, and we usually have EBL bringing his pop up as well. We break for a 1 hour lunch.

I'll take deposits of 200.00 to secure a slot as of today [ non refundable so make sure you can make it if you sign on ], payments may be made to
Robin Brown
POBox 7316
Mesa, Az 85216

I've made reservations at the Hampton Inn, Okeechobee 1-863-824-0003 on state road. It's 10 minutes from the range. They only have 6 rooms available at this time so book as soon as possible or you may need to find other arrangements in the area. Make sure to tell them you want the Okee range discount. It should be 84.00 a night with discount