PDA

View Full Version : My DW Heritage

GoldenVolt
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Hello All,

I'm writing this thread to let everyone know, I now own a DW Heritage. nanner

I picked the Heritage model because I'm going to have Dave Severns do some modifications to it.
I would've loved if he could have gotten to them before I bought it, but he was booked for 6 months.

Lets not get me started on Fadda sending his Mustang in for some TIG welding??? Hehehehehe Just kidding Fadda I can wait.:(

I decided to go ahead and get the pistol now and enjoy it.

I'm going to Dave.........

Chain link the front strap with High Cut under trigger guard
Replace MSH with Ed Brown Chain link Mai-Well and blend to frame
Fit an Over sized barrel bushing, Flush cut and crown the barrel

I think that was it?????????

So here is prof.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=394

I'll get some better pictures after the range report.............

I got to go clean her to get ready to shoot tomorrow.nanner

Thanks for looking.

Greg

douglas_knott
02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
I love my Heritage also, but do those grips pay Taurus? Lol

NAMVET72
02-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Very Nice, don't do what Ed did......... Do a Complete Disassembly and then lube it back together before you take it the Range.....................
Congrats.........:D:D:D:D

Clyde

GoldenVolt
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Very Nice, don't do what Ed did......... Do a Complete Disassembly and then lube it back together before you take it the Range.....................
Congrats.........:D:D:D:D

Clyde

What's fun is stripping 2 down to bare frames and try to figure out which part goes with which gun.:eek::D:D..............

I'll clean it up and lube it real good.

Thanks for sharing in my happiness.:)

Greg

DaFadda
02-13-2012, 08:49 PM
OK!!! Greg... you got yours first... I have to wait until Wednesday.....so per our discussion and agreement... you get to take me out to lunch or dinner!!!!! I'm driving to Florida in May for a conference... and I'll be SURE to GPS you so that we can enjoy an evening!

ROFLMBO!!!!

DaFadda

Mike45
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Congrats on the new DW. nanner

I was looking for one this weekend at the gun show, I am kind of glad I did not see one as it would not have made the wife happy. :eek:

GoldenVolt
02-13-2012, 09:55 PM
OK!!! Greg... you got yours first... I have to wait until Wednesday.....so per our discussion and agreement... you get to take me out to lunch or dinner!!!!! I'm driving to Florida in May for a conference... and I'll be SURE to GPS you so that we can enjoy an evening!

ROFLMBO!!!!

DaFadda

Fadda,

Look in contacts my address is in there.:) I may be traveling around that time, I'll let you know.:)

Congrats on the new DW. nanner

I was looking for one this weekend at the gun show, I am kind of glad I did not see one as it would not have made the wife happy. :eek:

Mike,

I went to the gun show in GSO, not a single DW anywhere....???? I was kind of surprised. :confused:

Greg

Riverpigusmc
02-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats....take DaFadda to get a Happy Meal

GoldenVolt
02-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I love my Heritage also, but do those grips pay Taurus? Lol

Doug les,

Grips are puke.... Grip bushing came out with the screw. Now I have to locktite the bushing in so I can remove the screw.

Oh well, grips stay for now..........

Greg

AutoMag
02-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Congrats Greg!!:)

oldrifleman
02-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Nice, I hate the grips on mine so Sarge is making me set from Desert Ironwood burl. Be awhile until I can show them as my laptop is currently not responding to me. Steven

DaFadda
02-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Fine. You got yours First. JUST FINE. I get my CCO tomorrow (gunshop is closed Monday and Tuesday) Does this mean that I have to buy you lunch when I'm traveling through NC in May? Or is it the other way around?

DaFadda

GoldenVolt
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Fadda,

I think you buy my Happy Meal.:p

Sights are 6 o'clock hold down. I don't think I like it ( the POA in relationship to POI (Shoots high)).

I did shoot today. Range report soon.:p

It is Valentines Day.:D

Greg

GoldenVolt
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Nice, I hate the grips on mine so Sarge is making me set from Desert Ironwood burl. Be awhile until I can show them as my laptop is currently not responding to me. Steven

Steven,

I need a set too. In Desert Ironwood burl.

Can you get them for a mag well and karma them off.:D

Thanks.

Greg