PDA

View Full Version : Kytex mag holders

Pirate
09-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I was introduced to these on another forum, and decided to order one. For 18$ i couldn't resist. I had been using a blackhawk mag holster and found it to be extremely bulky. I received the kytex yesterday and have worn it since. Very comfy and retention is great. My shirt has not gotten hung up on it.

If you are interested www.kytexgear.com

pitor
09-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Well, I like my mag holster to not poke me on my side, so i prefer horizontal mag carriers. If you do too, doesn't get much better than magholder.com, check them out, Mark the owner is a great guy.

Pirate
09-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Well, I like my mag holster to not poke me on my side, so i prefer horizontal mag carriers. If you do too, doesn't get much better than magholder.com, check them out, Mark the owner is a great guy.

Mine does not poke my side one bit. Not sure how you wear your britches, or if ya gots the dunlaps, I am carrying a spare 10 round mag.

BeerHunter
09-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Mine does not poke my side one bit. Not sure how you wear your britches, or if ya gots the dunlaps, I am carrying a spare 10 round mag.

The Kytexgear.com mag holders don't poke me, either. Glad you like em'!

pitor
09-19-2016, 12:54 AM
It was a generalized comment. Most vertical mag pouches do poke when bending your upper body forward or backward. I'm not heavy set, no love handles here.

I 've tried many mag carriers and decided a while ago horizontal was the way to go. IMO it conceals better too

But if y'all have no problems with vertical carry, Kytex looks great.

Pirate
09-19-2016, 09:11 AM
But for 18 bucks, it's not breaking the bank IMO. I will check out your link Pitor

Skyviking
01-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Kytex gear is top-quality. Their single (pistol) magazine pouches are very concealable - 3 of them do not take up as much belt real estate as any of the competition's double mag pouches. Great guys to work with, too.

BeerHunter
01-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Kytex gear is top-quality. Their single (pistol) magazine pouches are very concealable - 3 of them do not take up as much belt real estate as any of the competition's double mag pouches. Great guys to work with, too.

That's been my experience, too!

TLE2
01-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Do these work with a J hook or are they belt slide thru?

Pirate
01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Do these work with a J hook or are they belt slide thru?

They are similar to a j hook.. look at the website kytexgear.com (http://http://www.kytexgear.com/)

sdmc530
01-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Looks good have a version of that type and works really well but just still a fan of leather