PDA

View Full Version : JEL Tec Holsters - S&W Bodyguard 380 M&P

pitor
09-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Hello folks.

I want to share with you my great buying experience with JEL Tec Jolsters, and how high quality and incredibly affordable they are. I'll start by saying that I normally carry my Bodyguard 380 M&P in a remora-style holster, a DeSantis "Nemesis" size P6. But if you read my thread about "Kane Furniture" being gun friendly and how I found out, well let me summarize by saying after laying on one of the beds, the gun+holster decided to stay in the bed a tad longer, LOL.

So I searched for a quality manufacturer at a fair price, and always willing to try something new and not afraid to add more holsters to "that drawer", I found JEL Tec Holsters (http://www.ebay.com/usr/jeltecholsters) on eBay, looked at a youtube video of their product, and could not believe the quality and the price. And so, I ordered one for the Bodyguard with 15 degree cant (I'm considering ordering another one without cant for appendix carry for those long drives).

First and foremost, the seller was prompt with the shipping, real fast. But upon reviewing the video and reading more carefully the eBay item, the holster ships with a 1.75" belt clip and there's an option for 1.5" but you have to indicate this. Well, I didn't see this until the item had already shipped. I communicated with John, seller and owner of JEL Tec, and explained to him that I needed a 1.5" belt clip instead of the 1.75" it shipped with (and also suggested that majority of civilians do not wear 1.75" belts so maybe he could reconsider shipping the holsters with the 1.5" clips and use the 1.75" on special orders). He responded quickly and very friendly, and without any fuss or any extra charges he sent me the 1.5" belt clip. It should arrive very soon.

Ok, the rig is amazing, comfortable and slim, draws like butter but retention is strong. Pictures and a video link below.

I can recommend his holsters now that I have it in hand, it' very well made, looks durable and the profile is very slim, and most important is made in the USA.

www.jeltecholsters.com
www.ebay.com/usr/jeltecholsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSDGGAyiMCM

jmlutz
09-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Good review!

Caleb
09-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks like a nice product. Thanks for the heads up.

sdmc530
09-22-2016, 02:54 PM
good write up.... thanks