PDA

View Full Version : Best horizontal mag holster yet?

pitor
09-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Hello folks.

I’m writing to share my impressions of a company that specializes in horizontal mag carry, www.Magholder.com (http://www.magholder.com/). The company is owned by Mark, super nice and professional guy.

The mag holsters have a unique feature, they use the mag catch to secure the magazine to the holster, the way it’s supposed to catch in the grip of the firearm. In 1911 and single stack models like my Bodyguard 380, they use friction, and retention is excellent.

I’ve been using mine for some days now with my spare mag for the M&P Bodyguard 380, and I’m impressed to say the least. The carrier is the slimmest I’ve seen anywhere and they disappear under a cover garment. You will not know it’s there! It’s kinda freakish. The carrier also includes a “stippled” area in the belt clip that makes the carrier stay put. Great feature IMO.

From their website:

“Typically, the shooter reaches for their spare mag with the support hand, sweeping it out of the MagHolder either to the rear from the weak side, or from across the front midline in a crossdraw motion. Both positions are extremely fast but the crossdraw position allows access to the magazine from a sitting position, such as in a vehicle or theater seat.

If you are a right handed shooter, you will likely grab your spare mag with your left hand, and thus, use the "L" version MagHolder.

If you are left handed, the opposite applies, or the "R" version.”

The mag carriers are designed to be carried on your weak side and the draw is accomplished by sweeping the mag backwards. Now, I prefer to wear mine in the middle of the back and so I sweep/grab my mag with my left/weak hand drawing in a clockwise (forward) motion. So I ordered the “R” model so that bullets point down accomplishing my draw. Check this out, the company was so awesome they sent me both models “L” and “R” and so now I have options for middle of the back draw, left side, cross draw, etc.

Seriously folks, I’ve tried the spare mag carrier in vertical position, all types, and I get poked at some point. The elbow motion is greater sweeping from down to up in order to grab the mag from a vertical carrier. The magholder horizontal carrier has you sweeping the mag either to the back when on the side, or cross draw in the front, ideal for a sitting position.

I just ordered one for my G19 and can’t wait for it to arrive. Oh, check the little tag it comes with, it encourages training! Good stuff.

Pictures and a video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMXRsK9EsA