PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Valor #3?

DWCoyote
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
So life has forced me to sell my beloved Valor #3. Consignment wasn't doing it fast enough, mentioning it on the DW finder thread didn't get it done, so it got listed cheap on GB. It sold in a few hours to a nice man and CBOB owner in MI.

I shipped it from a dealer down here in Vegas. The kind of nice little mom and pop shop that usually turn out to be the good ones. It turns out that is not the case when Mom and/or Pop have alzheimer's. After a few days it still hadn't shown up with the buyer. He called the shop and was told they had seen no such pistol. So of course the poor buyer now thinks (justifiably) that he is being ripped off. I went down there to ask "what the hell?" and fortunately by then they had at least fessed up to the buyer that "Oh yeah he did ship that through us". They also said they will replace it if it never turns up. As of Saturday it had not been seen by the buyer yet. The buyers FFL is out of town until Thursday so even if she arrives the drama and uncertainty will continue until then. This just sucks!

They also charged me $45 for this 'service' and shipped it via USPS Priority. which probably, with insurance, cost them less than $25. Though so far this seems to be the way business is done here in Vegas. If anybody on this forum lives in Vegas, I can recommend this shop - recommend you avoid it, that is.

It was sad enough having to sell my Valor. Now the poor girl is lost somewhere. I hope she's not suffering! If anybody sees her, give her a hug for me and forward her on to Michigan. Thanks, DWC. :(

titanse05
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I sold a firearm thru GB last year and ended up sending it overnight thru UPS. It cost me $45 but it got to the buyers FFL and the transfer was done with no problems.

I hope your story has a happy ending for you and the buyer.

douglas_knott
04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
welcome DWC. sorry to hear about your issues. :( i hope everything works out for you.

you have family here, if you need anything we are available. :)

bald1
04-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Darren,

Still sorry to hear that you actually did part with your Valor. Sorry things worked out that way.

But it does sound like your new beginnings in Sin City are generally working out well for you and the family.

Best!

jmlutz
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry you had to sell your Valor, I wish you well with the BS with the gun store.

DWCoyote
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Update:

The gun store found the gun. That's right, the gun! It has not shipped yet. They are sending it overnight on their dime at least.

oak1971
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Thank God.:)

titanse05
04-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Well that is some welcomed news!

douglas_knott
04-19-2011, 07:09 AM
thats good news. thanks for the update.

DWCoyote
04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys!

jmlutz
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
That's great, I'm glad that worked out for you.

Sheepdog
06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Take deep breath now. Glad the found it.

titanse05
07-01-2011, 10:02 AM
He has been breathing easy since April....lol

Thedragonslayer
07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I just found this myself!!!:eek::eek: Man I spend to much time at the table!!:D