PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Delimma

Roverron
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok guys, I have an interesting delimma. At the range last night there were ladies in the lane next to us and one was shooting a Wilson X-tac compact (4"barrel). Anyway, she got to shoot it and now says she wants that. All good, except that would mean me putting off the VBOB for a while since the Wilson's are a lot more expensive. I've never owned a Wilson but I know those are supposed to be super guns. So my question is, get the Wilson and hold off on the DW! or convince her otherwise? This is the 2nd gun for her besides the one she got for a wedding present from my brothers (long story).

Riverpigusmc
02-18-2012, 10:57 AM
If it's going to be hers, get the Wilson..there's around an 8 month build time, that would give you time to save for your DW.

DaFadda
02-19-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm with Mike....I offered to buy my Mrs. a pistol for her birthday... She made it abundantly clear that she could choose and purchase her own gun... thank you very much.... she just was waiting till she found "the right one.". If your darlin' has found "the right one".... put the DW on hold and get her what she wants. You'll get to play with it anyways! At least I hope so...

BUTTTTT......Its about the same size as the DW CCO... You COULD suggest that she try the CCO before she buys... then you could get yours and she could get hers at the same time. Nothing like gun shopping with your wife.
Just suggestin....
DaFadda

GoldenVolt
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
BUTTTTT......Its about the same size as the DW CCO... You COULD suggest that she try the CCO before she buys... then you could get yours and she could get hers at the same time. Nothing like gun shopping with your wife.
Just suggestin....
DaFadda

I think the Fadda has spoken. :D

Greg

Roverron
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
good suggestion. I'd have to put black grips on it but that's not a problem. She liked the all blacked out so wouldn't be difficult to change up the CCO, or even the Guardian. I think I'll work on that angle. Thanks!

titanse05
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-eco/

How about one of these for half the price? You could have what you both want for the price of the Wilson.

They are similar in overall size. Main differences are the barrel length, frontstrap and slide serrations, and the slide and frame metal. The finish will be better on the ECO (duty coat) vs. Wilson's (park finish). Just something to consider.

wxl
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Good luck on convincing her on the DW CCO. Bottom line is get what she wants. I have been a shooter for 50+ years. Married for 44+ and this year is first time she expressed wanting HER OWN. Whatever she chooses is it and glad she is finally wanting one she can call hers.

DaFadda
02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Now.... THAT is a good husband. (after 30 years of marraige, I can say that). As I said earlier..... my Mrs is the same way. And... I'll do the same when she finds what she wants. May you be at the range on your 50th anniversary with her! Amen.

ChefJ
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I would personally love it if my sweetheart decided she had to have the X-Tac, sounds like you have a keeper there

Roverron
02-20-2012, 08:10 PM
March will be 34 yrs married for us. Unfortunately, it'll take a while to get her one once we order what she wants. I brought up the CCO and the other DW's but unless I can find one around here for her to shoot, I might as well go for what she wants. Didn't think abt the ECO so might discuss that one as long as I can get it blacked out. She didn't want another polished since the .380 she carries is done that way.

Sheepdog
02-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Sheepdog logic. Get her what she wants. If you don't you will hear about every little issue that may come up with an alt. gun. It will be for you to get what you want. Last but not least when Momma is happy everybody is happy.:D

skosh69
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Sheepdog logic. Get her what she wants. If you don't you will hear about every little issue that may come up with an alt. gun. It will be for you to get what you want. Last but not least when Momma is happy everybody is happy.:D

+1, what he said!

Riverpigusmc
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM

yeah, but when in hell are they happy?:confused:

ABC3
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
It's hard to beat a Wilson.....

Roverron
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Now this might take a little turn. She found a Nighthawk T3 locally. A used gun 2009 vintage with papers and bag. Owner says it has only 1000 rounds down the pipe. We're gonna go take a look this weekend and see what she thinks. She's not really anctous to wait months if she can find something she likes. More to come.

Sheepdog
02-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Nighthawks are made by the good gunsmiths that used to work for Wilson. I prefer the Nighthawks head and shoulders above the Wilsons. IMHO

dw1911
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Now this might take a little turn. She found a Nighthawk T3 locally. A used gun 2009 vintage with papers and bag. Owner says it has only 1000 rounds down the pipe. We're gonna go take a look this weekend and see what she thinks. She's not really anctous to wait months if she can find something she likes. More to come.

She won't have to "Break In" the Nighthawk! Saving many dollars on ammo!
Major selling point! And they are "basically" the same 1911 Wilson would make

Roverron
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Update on the delimma. Last nite she got to shoot a new DW VBOB and the used Nighthawk T3. She likes both, I like both but it's her choice. Anyway, the T3 is 2009 w/2000 rds thru it. He's asking $1875 for it w/all papers, bag, extra mags, et., and I can get the new VBOB for a little less (it's a SS).
I think that's a good price for the T3 but sure would like her to get the DW. Now the convincing begins. Whatcha think? Is the T3 over priced, I didn't make any offers so it might go for less. That VBOB sure is purty! Some nice wood grips would dress it up more for her. I'm just plotting here, thanks for listening.