PDA

View Full Version : CCW not needed in SD???

sdmc530
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM
http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm/Concealed_Carry_Permit_Bill_Passes_SD_Senate_Panel/?Id=128206

You wont belive this.....

herefordman1
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
A little loosey goosey for me.

Jim

sdmc530
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
A little loosey goosey for me.

Jim

no doubt....scary loose....

Snipersnest
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
In Vermont there is no licensing at all.

Lane
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
We've had similar laws in Utah for a while - at least here, with or without a permit, you can have a weapon, loaded or unloaded in your vehicle. If you step out, you must have the appropriate CFP if it's concealed.

Hasn't caused a lot of trouble - to the anti's, it sounds scarier that it really is.

Lane

GoldenVolt
02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I can only hope they have to get a permit when they buy a pistol.

I don't mind people carrying concealed as long as they aren't :crazy:.

In North Carolina if you have a CCW permit you can buy over the counter with out a pistol permit, no waiting.

Here's something to think about....

If I can go to the Sheriff station and get 6 pistol permits for $5 each, come back in 7 days and pick them up. Why did my CCW take 90 days to process?????

Greg

Daedalus
02-24-2012, 08:04 PM
I can only hope they have to get a permit when they buy a pistol.

I don't mind people carrying concealed as long as they aren't :crazy:.

In North Carolina if you have a CCW permit you can buy over the counter with out a pistol permit, no waiting.

Here's something to think about....

If I can go to the Sheriff station and get 6 pistol permits for $5 each, come back in 7 days and pick them up. Why did my CCW take 90 days to process?????

Greg

Sorry, Greg

You are trying to equate logic and law. Not going to fly - ever :D

sdmc530
02-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Gun laws in SD go like this, right now $10 a simple backround check gets you CCW valid for 4 years. You can carry a gun anyplace except a govt building or a place that makes more than %50 of sales in alcohol. Now when you but a pistol or any gun as long as the call to the ATF checks out you need only have a valid drivers license. Pretty slack around there parts, I like it but this law...kind of scary...what is $10? Really?

arentol
02-25-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. Arizona, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming all allow CC to essentially all of their citizens and they do just fine. As long as SD also issues permits for reciprocity reasons it sounds like a great choice to me.

sdmc530
03-20-2012, 08:29 PM
UPDATE)))))((((((This was vetod today. I am glad too. I am all about freedom with my guns but in SD you need $10 for 4 years and all you need to do is have a simple backround check at the sheriffs office to make sure you are not a felon or a domestic abuser. They will give you one otherwise, it could not be any easier except you have to drive to the sheriffs office and give them $10 and fill out ONE form....We are doing ok...we didn't need to get rid of instate ccw permits altogether!!