PDA

View Full Version : I went to the gun show today.

Big Smoke
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
First one I'd been to in several years. I forgot how many other gun nuts there were besides me! :insane: I as mainly just looking for reloading supplies, and cleaning stuff. I just bought a couple of guns this past month, so I wasn't really looking to buy anymore. But I did notice some great prices there.
I just bought a bunch of .45 acp brass (once fired, $11.50 for 200pcs.), 100 230gr. FMJ bulets for $14.75, some already loaded cartridges of .45 acp 185gr. FMJ (never shot these, and I want to try some before I commit to a bunch), a couple of cans of Ballistol, 1000 Winchster Large Pistol primers, and some bullet boxes. I wish I had bought another box of primers. I didn't dare buy anything else. I had to carry all this nearly 1/2 mile uphill to my truck in a stiff, cold wind (35 degrees with 35 mph gusts).
All in all, it was a good day. I had a great time. I almost forgot how much a gun show can be.

AutoMag
02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
It sounds like you had a pretty good day at the show!!:)

Riverpigusmc
02-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Some of the shows around here I just go to look at the women..I have a better inventory of guns in my safe

JBT
02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
No beef jerky? :D I haven't been to the local Indy 1500 Gun/Knife show in 10 years or so. I would like to make one this year if time allows. I sort of miss all the stuff they sell there, but I certainly don't miss the crowd.

GoldenVolt
02-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Some of the shows around here I just go to look at the women..I have a better inventory of guns in my safe

Same here. :D

Big Smoke
02-25-2012, 09:09 PM
No beef jerky? :D I haven't been to the local Indy 1500 Gun/Knife show in 10 years or so. I would like to make one this year if time allows. I sort of miss all the stuff they sell there, but I certainly don't miss the crowd.

Yeah, there was a beef jerky table. I LOVE beef jerky, but it doesn't love me. :(
The salt makes me swell up like a balloon.
There's a lot of junk there, but if you have something your actually looking for, it helps weed out the BS. I had cash and could have bought another gun, but that wasn't on my agenda. Though I'm all about buying another gun. I brought cash just in case I ran across that deal you just can't pass up.

skosh69
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I've been to two gun shows in my area and both were more of a flea market for old rifles,parts and knives...I envy you guys that go to gun shows that actually sell guns!

JimF4M1s
02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Xxxxx

dw1911
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
The Gun Shows around here are the "Wal Mart" of guns man! :insane:
There are 2, one in one town and another in a city 5 miles away. They alternate. One coming March 17th & 18th. It's the biggest one!
I usually pick up good deals on ammo, but have bought guns there!
Gun Shows rule!