PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Pew Pew range time today, full auto!

pitor
08-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Hi guys.

It was a great range day today. A friend and gun shop owner with a SOT license showed up at the ranch with some incredibly cool toys, a full auto Glock g-17, and a full auto AR. This was my first time ever shooting fully automatic and it was a blast, literally (I'll try to upload the little video I took of me pulling the trigger in full auto for the first time ever).

I shot both several times and got progressively good at it and was dead accurate with the Glock and the AR by the end of our range session. But boy it gets expensive quick ammo-wise. The Glock had a ported barrel which help keep the muzzle down to better control the recoil. It was incredibly fun.

We then did our usual AR and pistol shooting with targets ranging all the way from 175 yards up to 7 yd. Another great fun day. Hope you all get to do some shooting this weekend as well.

Caleb
08-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a perfect day! I haven't shot in a while, ☹️

sdmc530
08-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a perfect day! I haven't shot in a while, ☹️

same here. Its a shame really, been over a month for me.

Riverpigusmc
08-13-2017, 08:40 AM
Over a year for me. Good deal, Pedro

BlackKnight
08-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Damn guys! I shoot at least once a week.
Glad that you had a good time, though.
Quick question; was it a G17 converted or a G18? As Glock makes an auto. It is in essence a 17 but auto from the factory designated the 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAMVET72
08-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Quick question; was it a G17 converted or a G18? As Glock makes an auto. It is in essence a 17 but auto from the factory designated the 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Tony but you don't pay for ammo and if you did you wouldn't be shoot so much,

Clyde
PS After you Retire let us know how much you shoot. :eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

sdmc530
08-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Yes Tony but you don't pay for ammo and if you did you wouldn't be shoot so much,

Clyde

You forget Tony is the NJ Chuck Norris so ammo will come to hum begging to be fired

skosh69
08-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Sounds like a great day. Cool beans

Gatorade
08-13-2017, 08:09 PM
You forget Tony is the NJ Chuck Norris so ammo will come to hum begging to be fired

Hell I got a couple boxes for him waiting for when he retires down here!

pitor
08-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm with Tony, I shoot once a week on a nice property. To answer your question, it was a Glock 17 with a full auto sear . To my understanding, Glock 18 has a selector switch mounted on the slide. This was not the case.

BlackKnight
08-13-2017, 08:53 PM

Clyde
Valid point. But then again that's why I started working at a range. :D

Aw, shucks!

Hell I got a couple boxes for him waiting for when he retires down here!
Why thank you.

I'm with Tony, I shoot once a week on a nice property. To answer your question, it was a Glock 17 with a full auto sear . To my understanding, Glock 18 has a selector switch mounted on the slide. This was not the case.
Gotcha.