PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the family

Big Smoke
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
That's right, I added another new gun to the fine family of weapons I've amassed. :rock: I just got back the paperwork, and picked it up on my lunch break today. It's a Ruger 22/45 .22LR. Nothing special, but I like the 1911 grips, bull barrel, and I bought a red dot sight for the included Picatinny rail. Is it Saturday yet?!! I want to go shoot both my new guns! :gun2:

Grouse
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
years back i had the orginal 22/45 I put a 2x scope on it and loved it. I made a 10 shot group of one 1/4 inch hole at 25 yds (rested) for the dealer i consigned it with. He sold the pistol to a guy. A few weeks later the guy came back and showed him a target he had made. nearly the same size. He said he thought the target was bull poop when he bought it but for the money he could not pass it up. I regret selling it... my MKIII is not nearly as accurate.

Big Smoke
02-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I got the MKIII. I can only dream for 1/4" groups at that distance. I'm going to sight it in at the range, God willing and the creek don't rise, this Saturday. I gotta break it in first, so I got good ammo for it. Some Winchester Super X plated HP's. High velocity rated at 1330fps. These things are $10 for 100. I'll keep you posted on the accuracy.

AutoMag
02-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Good deal, congrats!!!:)

Snipersnest
02-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Sweet!

titanse05
02-28-2012, 08:25 AM
:pics:

Seriously though, where are the pictures? :)

girphoto
02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I also just added a Ruger Mark III to my collection.

I shoot rimfire in Steel Challenge and decided to go the right way instead of using my AA on top of a Frank-en-Glock.

I purchased a trigger upgrade kit from Volquartsen (actually through Brownells).

I than spent 3 days with tow other shooters bring to get the kit in the lower.
The trigger goes in nice and easy, but if you are upgrading a Mark III, and want to do away with the Mag Safety, you have to change the sear and Hammer to a Mark II parts. Because of legal ramifications, they can not tell you to change those two parts.
After a call to the manufacture, I sent them the lower, they put in the kit, replaced the sear and hammer, set the trigger to 2# with no under or over travel (at least none to be detected).

With in two days it was back in my hands and ready to go.

My Mark III Custom is outfitted with a C-More, Allchin low profile mount, custom grips and ready to go.

Sighted in at 50 & 75 feet it will shoot 1.25" groups.

And here it is:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/girphoto/RIGERCUSTOMMIII.jpg

Free Agent
02-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Recently I've been looking to get one of those as well. Let us know how you like it.

girphoto
02-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Recently I've been looking to get one of those as well. Let us know how you like it.

I shot Steel Challenge with it this past Sunday, and all I can say is WOOOOOOW

It is fast,resets fast and Fast!