PDA

View Full Version : New Pistols

Caleb
10-06-2017, 09:53 PM
So, I pre-ordered the new M&P 9 Compact that came out this year and while waiting for it I got a great deal on a 5" 2.0 model. It was a steal so, I bought it. The next day my FFL calls and says my Compact is in. Woohoo, two in one week. So stoked! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/bf7fcb2e5567e908213ffd950726e211.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/c13021126aae1346373923af005cb595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb
10-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Here is my M&P family to date. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/84bbcd04058620a05320b09f040dca4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLE2
10-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Good looking plastic fantastics.

RKP
10-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Damn, a flock of M&P's :D

AFJuvat
10-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Congrats.

sdmc530
10-06-2017, 11:57 PM
congrats! first Tony now you, feeling left out

edgehill
10-07-2017, 05:39 AM
So the new compact is not as small as the old one?

Pirate
10-07-2017, 07:48 AM
The bottom one is a shield but in general the shield is the same length as the 9c. So it does look like the new compact model is a little larger than the original. This post almost makes me want to carry my smith again...

Caleb
10-07-2017, 08:35 AM
congrats! first Tony now you, feeling left out

His post reminded me that I never shared my new pistols on here.

So the new compact is not as small as the old one?

No it's a little bigger. 15+1 and the exact size of a g19.

The bottom one is a shield but in general the shield is the same length as the 9c. So it does look like the new compact model is a little larger than the original. This post almost makes me want to carry my smith again...

Yes, it's bigger than the older "compact" (sub-compact now?). The Sheild is a single stack so it's a lot thinner and more comfortable to carry but, has a lot less rounds.

pitor
10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Great looking pistols Pirate. The reason why I didn't buy the M&P Compact model ( bought my Sig P320) I thought it was too short compared to the Glock 19. If the new compact is more like a g19 in size and capacity then I might need to get me a new pistol. Just saying.

Caleb
10-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Smith never made a "compact " model in their line up. The one they called "compact" is actually a "Sub-compact ". I guess they figured they would compete against everyone that makes a true compact model like the G19, CZ P10C, Springfield XD, and a few others in this category. They actually went straight for the G19's throat. Side by side, these two are exactly the same dimensions. When I heard and saw this, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. I've always wanted a G19 sized (and capacity) carry pistol but, didn't want a G19. I knew with Smith's ergos, reliable history, and let's be honest....good looks, I had to have it. 15+ 1 plus I can carry and use a full size spare mag (17 rounds) if I wanted, what's not to like. All I need now is to throw some lead down range and order a new holster, and this bad boy will reside on my hip.

Riverpigusmc
10-07-2017, 09:57 AM
So that's what caused all the static last night

Caleb
10-07-2017, 09:59 AM
So that's what caused all the static last night

Nope, not at all.

She's a woman, no excuse needed to be a PITA.

Riverpigusmc
10-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Yep
https://imgur.com/gallery/4UZWA

Rick McC.
10-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Congrats on the new M&P!

skosh69
10-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Thank God they were M&Ps. Couldn’t handle looking at another block, at least not without a warning first.

People need to warn us first before posting pics of blocks :p

Caleb
10-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Thank God they were M&Ps. Couldn’t handle looking at another block, at least not without a warning first.

People need to warn us first before posting pics of blocks :p

So what you are saying is.... my two new pistol post is better than Tony's post?

sdmc530
10-07-2017, 08:37 PM
So what you are saying is.... my two new pistol post is better than Tony's post?

No no no they are equally impressive the homo monkey is just a gun racist.

skosh69
10-07-2017, 09:03 PM

No. Tony’s guns are cool too, just need a warning before opening pics of blocks. funny

No no no they are equally impressive the homo monkey is just a gun racist.

I’m not gun racist, I have quite a few black guns. :eek:

sdmc530
10-07-2017, 09:21 PM
No. Tony’s guns are cool too, just need a warning before opening pics of blocks. funny

I’m not gun racist, I have quite a few black guns. :eek:

LMAO funny good one

Caleb
10-07-2017, 09:59 PM
funny LMaO!

NAMVET72
10-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Really Sweet but I bet you sleep outside in the Dog House for along time,

Clyde

BlackKnight
10-08-2017, 10:06 AM
All I know is that Caleb and S&W are exactly alike. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :D

Gatorade
10-08-2017, 10:59 AM
I may be wrong but I think one of the requirements for the Army MHS contract was the ability to use the same frame for compact as well as full size. Also my M&P 40C has a "C" after the caliber to denote compact. The new compact dropped the "C" and just has a shorter slide. I always thought the idea for a compact was a shorter grip. To make it easier to conceal. The slide length actually doesn't matter that much for concealment unless you are using a shoulder holster. I guess we will need to wait and see if a 2.0 Sub-compact comes out.

Caleb
10-08-2017, 01:24 PM
All I know is that Caleb and S&W are exactly alike. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :D

You cut me deep Tony, you cut me deep.

Caleb
10-08-2017, 01:27 PM
I may be wrong but I think one of the requirements for the Army MHS contract was the ability to use the same frame for compact as well as full size. Also my M&P 40C has a "C" after the caliber to denote compact. The new compact dropped the "C" and just has a shorter slide. I always thought the idea for a compact was a shorter grip. To make it easier to conceal. The slide length actually doesn't matter that much for concealment unless you are using a shoulder holster. I guess we will need to wait and see if a 2.0 Sub-compact comes out.

Smith built the new compact to compete directly with the G19, wether Smith admits it or not. I'm glad they did because, I've been looking for a higher capacity CC. We will see if this one fill that role.

NAMVET72
10-08-2017, 02:32 PM
My question what is so Freaking wonderful about a Tupperware gun besides they weigh less?

Clyde

Caleb
10-08-2017, 02:52 PM
My question what is so Freaking wonderful about a Tupperware gun besides they way less?

Clyde

1- Reliability
2- Less weight
3- compactness
4- rust resistance (in my case)
5- cocked and unlocked

Just to name a few. I tried carrying the 1911s, full, mid, and CCO. Aluminum and steal. Are they comfortable? Yes. But, at the end of the day my back hurt a bit. Also, running locked and cocked I would notice the thumb safety would become disengaged sometime during the day. Not a huge deal but, it made me uncomfortable. Another note: I know it's a matter of training but, during dry fire training I noticed I would forget to disengage the thumb safety. My #1 reason I went with the striker fired plastic pistols is that I want more "in gun" capacity. I don't carry a spare mag most of the time (bad habit) and 6-7 rounds in today's crazy world is not enough. My Sheild holds 8+1 and it's smaller and lighter than my 1911s. Still, I want more capacity so I bought the new Compact that holds 15+1 with the ability to run the 17 round full size mags. If I carry the spare mag that will give me 33 rounds on my person.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the 1911s. Still my favorite pistols of all time.

BlackKnight
10-08-2017, 03:54 PM
1- Reliability
2- Less weight
3- compactness
4- rust resistance (in my case)
5- cocked and unlocked

Just to name a few. I tried carrying the 1911s, full, mid, and CCO. Aluminum and steal. Are they comfortable? Yes. But, at the end of the day my back hurt a bit. Also, running locked and cocked I would notice the thumb safety would become disengaged sometime during the day. Not a huge deal but, it made me uncomfortable. Another note: I know it's a matter of training but, during dry fire training I noticed I would forget to disengage the thumb safety. My #1 reason I went with the striker fired plastic pistols is that I want more "in gun" capacity. I don't carry a spare mag most of the time (bad habit) and 6-7 rounds in today's crazy world is not enough. My Sheild holds 8+1 and it's smaller and lighter than my 1911s. Still, I want more capacity so I bought the new Compact that holds 15+1 with the ability to run the 17 round full size mags. If I carry the spare mag that will give me 33 rounds on my person.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the 1911s. Still my favorite pistols of all time.
I concur. Also, while I love my Glocks, it won’t hurt as much when taken away from me in the event I may be involved in a shooting.
As I said before I equate my Glocks as my everyday pickup, durable, dependable, and I won’t care if I beat the crap out of them. My 1911’s, on the other hand, are my high end sports cars. Same with my Garands. Love them, but I’ll take my AR into battle.
Polymer firearms, love them or hate them, are the future. They’re here to stay.

Caleb
10-08-2017, 04:13 PM
I concur. Also, while I love my Glocks, it won’t hurt as much when taken away from me in the event I may be involved in a shooting.
As I said before I equate my Glocks as my everyday pickup, durable, dependable, and I won’t care if I beat the crap out of them. My 1911’s, on the other hand, are my high end sports cars. Same with my Garands. Love them, but I’ll take my AR into battle.
Polymer firearms, love them or hate them, are the future. They’re here to stay.

Ah yes! A very good reason. I won't care if my poly gun gets taken and beat up or not returned for some reason. Now, I might cry if they take my 1911 away.

sdmc530
10-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Ah yes! A very good reason. I won't care if my poly gun gets taken and beat up or not returned for some reason. Now, I might cry if they take my 1911 away.

same here: it would suck for a 1911 to get beat up or “borrowed” by law enforcement after an incident.

JohnR
10-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Sweet M&Ps! I just got a 5" myself, a used 1.0. I thought the price was good. It joins my 1.0 4.25" and my Shield.