PDA

View Full Version : Howdy gang!

Mghwk
03-09-2012, 01:33 PM
After a long absence from the forums, I'm back with something which might interest the group.

www.MagHolder.com is a new site based on a product I was looking for, didn't find, then decided to make. I carry my 10mm CBOB most days and find that carrying an extra mag is a challenge with a traditional mag carrier. I have seen a few different horizontal mag holders but they were either relatively expensive leather creations which still didn't quite do it for me or were poorly executed projects on youtube or ebay. What i've done is team up with a few guy guys at a local CNC machine shop to create a precise horizontal mag holder which met my demands.

What I ended up with was a Kydex MagHolder that is the lowest profile, fastest drawing, secure device on the market.

As soon as I can talk my daughter into taking some real pictures, I'll post them to the website, but for now, pics from my phone will have to do.

http://shop.magholder.com/images/1911Belt.png

For me, the orientation on the weak side with base forward works well. When I withdraw the mag, I rotate it 180deg to insert into the magwell. Others have found it to be fractionally faster carring weak side with base of the mag pointing rearward. In both cases, a relatively forward location on the belt seems to be most comfortable (appendix carry for the MagHolder.)

The tooling from the machine shop is complete for the 1911 mags, with Glock, M&P, XD(M), Kahr, P238, LCP following soon. The construction is of .07 Kydex (1/16") which is thinner than most magazine holders, but the orientation doesn't allow the same kind of forces generated by a vertical orientation.

I can accommodate belts from 1.25"-2", with the default being sized for a 1.5" belt.

See what happens when you end up unemployed? lol. I won't be making holsters or anything, focusing on producing these in sufficient quantity and economy to make it work financially. If any of you holster makers want to collaborate, please advise; I'd be happy to offer them to your customers in a way that makes sense to us both.

So, if you have an interest, please visit MagHolder.com and enter the code "COTEP" on checkout for free shipping :) I spoke with Chief briefly and am sending an email to Mr. Oscar, Bad to take care of those guys.

Thanks for looking! nanner

mghwk/ Mark

AutoMag
03-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Welcome back Mark and very nice mag holders!!:)

Riverpigusmc
03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forum

NAMVET72
03-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome Back...........
So tell us Mark, can you make double mag holders like that????????

Clyde

BadOscar
03-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey Mark glad to see you back. That looks like a very nice well put together mag holder.

AutoMag
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Welcome Back...........

Clyde

Clyde, give Mark a break......................................a one mag holder is good enough for now!!!!:D:D

Sheepdog
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome back to the asylum. Nice mag holder.

douglas_knott
03-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Welcome back Mark.

Mghwk
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome Back...........

Clyde
Hehe, for single stack mags, yes. They're kind of low on the to do list now though. The whole thing ends up with the dimensions of a MagHolder for a glock 21. If you want, I'll make you one, but it's gonna be $35 instead of the current $22.50 for the 1911. One caveat, the base pads on the mags need to be flush with the sides of the mag, ie. no Wilson Combat ETM type bases.

Mghwk
03-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok, I'm going to put up a couple of MagHolders for interested folks to try. It's kind of a Karma, so I'll post details in the other section. I'm excited about the reception Magholders are getting in the local gun shops and am anxious for the Cotep gang to try them out.

Best,
Mark

ColMike
03-28-2012, 05:01 AM
welcome back and good luck in your endeavors.

Roverron
03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
good luck! they look really nice! now, if they only had the COTEP symbol stamped on the face . . . .just kidding!

MajO
03-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Mark, welcome back. I like the magazine holder.

Thedragonslayer
03-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Welcome Back! Nice mag holder... I have signed up!!!!:D:D:D

Deleted
03-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Nice looking mag holders.

Can you do them for AR mags (Magpul PMag)?

Welcome!!!!

Ed

Mghwk
03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice looking mag holders.

Can you do them for AR mags (Magpul PMag)?

Welcome!!!!

Ed

I've thought about it, but at this point, I'm going to limit myself to doing pistol mags. The current design would introduce some issues as the mag increases in size to that of a .223 or AK mag. That doesn't mean that innovation will cease, just that I want to make sure we're doing what we are doing today very well for a while before adding a bunch of new projects.

Thanks for asking!

Mark