PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Colt?

dw1911
02-04-2020, 10:26 PM
I have been told by Good Sources, Colt is Quietly Recalling the New Pythons.
In Double Action the Cylinder stops turning! :eek:
I think it is Bad PR not to Publicly Announce it.
Anyone Else think so?

DrHenley
02-04-2020, 11:07 PM
The cat is already out of the bag thanks to Hickock45.

sdmc530
02-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Jim is correct, Hick found it on his first review and according to my LGS when they had one on display, they would not sell it. They said just so everybody could get a look at it. The last time I was in there it was gone. I asked if it was sold but they told me they had to send it back but wouldn't say why. I just assumed they sold it to an employee or something but now I think its going to be a recall type situation.

I mean, how do they screw up a wheel gun? A bit mind boggling to me honestly.

Caleb
02-05-2020, 11:18 AM
They will figure it out hopefully and correct the issue. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RKP
02-05-2020, 03:13 PM
In all of the Automotive World it's what's referred to as a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin - aka - silent recall), it's very common, they ALL do it.
At least they're working on fixing the issue.

flphotog
02-10-2020, 04:55 PM
In all of the Automotive World it's what's referred to as a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin - aka - silent recall), it's very common, they ALL do it.
At least they're working on fixing the issue.

I've been waiting for about 2 months now for the parts for the "silent recall" on my Subaru Forrester.

DrHenley
02-10-2020, 06:00 PM
I mean, how do they screw up a wheel gun? A bit mind boggling to me honestly.
My guess? I think they got the tolerances too tight on the hammer (light primer strikes) and pawl (failure to retract). In other words things binding up when it gets the least bit dirty. I'll bet a drop of gun oil in the right places will fix it.

sdmc530
02-10-2020, 07:30 PM
I've been waiting for about 2 months now for the parts for the "silent recall" on my Subaru Forrester.

YUCK! Parts from an Asian county with the virus...I bet the wait is long! Think how messed up the airbag deal still is. Millions of cars still need fixing and no parts to fix them.

I had a bike recall from Cannondale last fall, took over 3 months. I was pissed!

7.62Kolectr
02-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Between the Colt forum, 1911 forum and 1911Addicts forum there are A LOT of people who have gotten them. And I mean A LOT. I’ve yet to see any mention of a recall? And the main moderator on the Colt forum has said nothing either. There were very few that had issues with a dinged muzzle crown. I’ve seen pics of it and am not even sure I’d send one back for something so tiny. I’ve also read and seen a few just a few accounts of the cylinder not turning like Hickok experienced. But again have not seen an overall recall of the whole lot of them. What I have seen and read is that Colt has not yet been able to reproduce the issues we have seen with regard to the cylinder. I consider it to be some small growing pains. The new Python isn’t going anywhere and will be around for quite some time.
Don’t let the keyboard complainers turn you off.

sdmc530
02-11-2020, 10:42 AM
I am not worried about colt getting it correct, this will work it self out. Not their first rodeo.

I do still think its weird it happened.

dw1911
02-12-2020, 09:24 PM
I am not worried about colt getting it correct, this will work it self out. Not their first rodeo.

I do still think its weird it happened.

I agree Phil. But I have spoken with my Distributor Rep. ( I work in a Gun Store) There IS a Recall. Colt WILL get this "fixed". Whatever it is. Then they'll be available. I WANT one, and WILL Get one. But I can wait till they get the whatever it is solved. Probably some Minor thing.

sdmc530
02-13-2020, 11:19 AM
yeah, I am actually considering myself to get one. Such an iconic pistol!

Caleb
02-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Yep, I will wait a while before buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RKP
02-13-2020, 08:38 PM
Yep, I will wait a while before buying one.

^^ This

dw1911
02-16-2020, 02:35 AM
^^ This

That! When my Distributor finally gets some, that batch should be good to go!
Then, I will have one! :D

dw1911
02-21-2020, 11:40 PM
https://youtu.be/vSBuhMC5JLA
I STILL want one, and will have one, when I can find one!

RKP
02-22-2020, 05:36 AM
https://youtu.be/vSBuhMC5JLA
I STILL want one, and will have one, when I can find one!

Interesting info, thanks for posting !! http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

dw1911
02-29-2020, 09:46 PM
https://youtu.be/DS93VzTiz0M
Well, that sucks, but it seems it functions Okay. He says He is sending it back AGAIN. I don't blame Him either

RKP
03-01-2020, 09:36 AM
My name is still on the 'Holding off for now' list.

sdmc530
03-01-2020, 10:34 AM
I was in my LGS last night getting some boot polish and asked my gun guy there about them. He said they have 2 in inventory but will not sell them until they get it all figured out. They 2 they have are ones they sent into factory then sent back but he said they still were not convinced that it was resolved so they are holding them. I asked if they were reserved or anything and he said he is not even taking names for them until they are 100% ready to go. He was less than impressed with Colt right now.

I will wait to see how this shakes out. Getting less interested in them now....

dw1911
03-02-2020, 02:11 AM
https://youtu.be/JjONFgjw9cU
I will probably get one, later!