PDA

View Full Version : Range Report - Sig P365 first impressions

Boats
10-02-2020, 07:50 PM
I shot 200 rounds out of my new P365 this afternoon and had an absolute ball. Was firing hand loaded 124gr JHP in mixed headstamp range brass.

Impressions:

Recoil
Felt recoil was a lot less than I expected for such a small, light pistol. From my perspective, it was about like shooting my Beretta 92X Compact, a larger, all steel pistol. In all, really nice.
Accuracy
At 15 yards, rounds were in a 6" circle. At 20 yards, in an 8" circle. There were some flyers, but I'll blame my age and the fact it was first time with a new pistol.
Handling
It points really well, and the trigger is very crisp. I used both the 12 round mag and a 10 round mag with pinky extension. Mag changes were simple. In both magazines, loading the last round is a bit of a PITA. It's tight, and I needed a Maglula to get the last round loaded. Maybe someone with real strong fingers could do it by hand, but my tired old hands just were not up to it. I hope this doesn't say anything about the longevity of the mags. Two more 12 round mags due to be delivered tonight. At $50 a pop, I sure do hope they last.
Reliability
No complaints here. Had one round that consistently failed to feed. Not sure what it was. When I hand loaded it in the chamber, it fired fine.
Overall
This is my new daily carry. I guess before I definitively say that I'll need to fire at least another couple hundred rounds, but this P365 shoots well, and is so light and concealable.

I bought a holster for it from Concealment Express, which I'll talk about in another post. Spoiler: it's a great little holster and really inexpensive.

Boats

RKP
10-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Sounds like you've got yourself a 'Keeper' !!

Caleb
10-03-2020, 12:13 AM
Excellent AAR! Glad it was a good buy for you and looks like you made the right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdmc530
10-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the review......still no pics :)