PDA

View Full Version : CZ Buys Colt.

BlackKnight
02-12-2021, 03:02 PM
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/2/11/cz-group-to-acquire-colt

FfNJGTFO
02-12-2021, 05:27 PM
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/2/11/cz-group-to-acquire-colt

Be interesting to see if they let Colt keep its brand identity or will they all now become "CZs....." :D

DrHenley
02-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Be interesting to see if they let Colt keep its brand identity or will they all now become "CZs....." :D

LOL! That's hilarious. Now maybe Colt has a future that doesn't include bankruptcies ever few years. CZ is a global powerhouse in military contracts.

Don't forget, CZ owns Dan Wesson. And they kept production in the US. AND they brought back the revolver.

Much much much better company than Colt ever was. Now maybe snake revolvers will become a "thing" again.

sdmc530
02-12-2021, 08:26 PM
not sure how I feel about this....I hope this settles some of Colts internal issues.

however its still kind of a saddening thing!

RKP
02-13-2021, 06:53 AM
I'm betting this will be a great thing for Colt !!
It's sad to say but due to mismanagement they lost their direction years ago and have been struggling ever since.

sdmc530
02-13-2021, 02:22 PM
I'm betting this will be a great thing for Colt !!
It's sad to say but due to mismanagement they lost their direction years ago and have been struggling ever since.

Your probably spot on. However its still sad. I am glad to own a couple of older versions. they will be good to have now for sure. I can say I have American company owned Colt...pre buyout.

Doesn't really mean anything but I can say it.

BlackKnight
02-13-2021, 03:06 PM
Doesn't really mean anything but I can say it.
It brings the value up. It also means, to us snobs, that it’s no longer an American owned company.

RKP
02-14-2021, 10:34 AM
You're probably spot on. However it's still sad......

Yes it is, but, hopefully they'll get back to what they were in their prime under CZ's direction, sadly, they were not doing so on their own.

RKP
02-14-2021, 10:37 AM
...... it’s no longer an American owned company.

.... and that surely is the sad part !!

Caleb
02-14-2021, 11:14 AM
Well....I think it’s a good move on both parties side. CZ can expand their “American” line and Colt will stay in business. I know quality will definitely go up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RKP
02-14-2021, 11:31 AM
...... I know quality will definitely go up now.

^^ This !! http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rick McC.
02-14-2021, 08:12 PM
Well....I think it’s a good move on both parties side. CZ can expand their “American” line and Colt will stay in business. I know quality will definitely go up now.

I think so too, Bro. Just look at Dan Wesson. (The gun company, I think the man be dead.)

dw1911
02-17-2021, 11:56 PM

Agreed on that! Colt's Quality hasn't been Top Shelf for a while now! Dan Wesson though, has been. So all in all, I think this is a Positive Move! ;)