PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of COTEP.org

NAMVET72
03-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Since we are coming up on the one year Ann. of this Forum I would like your Opinion:
Please Vote on the Poll.

Clyde

DaFadda
03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Well... I don't go anywhere else anymore. Just no need to. Why not? Show me another forum where people email me, even CALL me on the phone to ask about my health, or my family. Show me another forum where I'm not flamed for my heartfelt ignorance of the 1911. That said, show me another forum where the other participants know my wife's name, and I know theirs.... and we're all ok with that. How about a place where people are willing to pray for one another?

Want more?

How about a forum where people give you things (Karma), just "because." How about a forum where people donate to its maintainence... not because its "required," or "expected", but because they recognize that there is true value in knowledge, experience, and friendship.

Wanna know how I feel about being here? Good. Real good.

Thanks for the opportunity to share,
DaFadda

NAMVET72
03-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Well... I don't go anywhere else anymore. Just no need to. Why not? Show me another forum where people email me, even CALL me on the phone to ask about my health, or my family. Show me another forum where I'm not flamed for my heartfelt ignorance of the 1911. That said, show me another forum where the other participants know my wife's name, and I know theirs.... and we're all ok with that. How about a place where people are willing to pray for one another?

Want more?

How about a forum where people give you things (Karma), just "because." How about a forum where people donate to its maintainence... not because its "required," or "expected", but because they recognize that there is true value in knowledge, experience, and friendship.

DaFadda

Thank You,

Clyde

BTW I thought your wives name was Yes, Boss:D:D:D

skosh69
03-24-2012, 03:52 PM
1 year already?? WooHoo...hard to believe! Especially since neither Mike, Noel or myself have gotten banned yet....hehehehe.

Special thanks to Clyde and Alex for all that they do.

Lane
03-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Want more?

DaFadda

Amen. 'Nuff said.

Lane

Thedragonslayer
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I had breakfast with a COTEP brother this morning and I thank Alex and CHief for allowing that to happen!

May we all be diligent to maintain such a wonderful place to make friends and learn more things concerning the best personal weapon ever made, the 1911.

ColMike
03-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Since we are coming up on the one year Ann. of this Forum I would like your Opinion:
Please Vote on the Poll.

Clyde

The difference between COTEP and others is the same difference between neighborhoods and subdivisons. I used to live in a subdivision. Garage doors go up, people go to work, people come home, garage doors go down. I had an olympic gold medalist live across the street. I did not know it till I read it in the paper.

Now I live in a neighborhood that is about 150 years old. People stop by and visit. Neighbors care. This place is a neighborhood and the people care.

I can see this and I've only been here a couple weeks. Thanks for inviting me in.
D
PS: Got a new P238 today. Pics to follow.

Roverron
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I think this is the best forum out there . I had checked a lot of gun forums before asking to join COTEP, none were as friendly, none seemed to be social enough o allow noobs like me who grew up with all kinds of guns to query the minds of the experts here on how and what I'd need to build my first gun.
I think it's a great place! Thanks Chief and Alex! And the original members for keeping this going and letting others join.
And letting me show off some things I do besides guns! Where else would that happen?

MajO
03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I agree with what has been said previously. Congratulations on a good year and best wishes for all the future years. Well done Chief and Alex. :hail::hail::hail::hail::salute::salute::salute:

AutoMag
03-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Decent forum!!

Thedragonslayer
03-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Great site and great people!!:)

The only problem that I have with this forum is that Clyde will not post a picture of himself!!!!:D:D

Well Chief?????????????:D:D:D

Awe Chief we love ya anyway! We know you dont want anyone to see you wearing a dresses at the range, "for training purposes.":eek::D:p

sdmc530
03-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I am a newer member, not quite a year and really enjoy the site..much better than another one I will not mention just because this is more friendly and much smarter too....its just nice and homey.....(I didn't say homely either:))

I say keep up the great work!!

JimF4M1s
03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Xxxxx

JBT
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Well...my wife says I have no opinion but I'm going to give it anyway. I have only been here a short time, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and that is the 1911Forum. If it were not for that forum I would have never found this forum.

I visit, for I am a guest, three other forums. One is local, one is for shooting sports, and the 1911Forum. I don't post much for I consider myself a newb to the 1911 and the shooting community. I am also a introvert, and some say to the extent of being anti-social. So I apologize to the Staff and to the members here at COTEP.org in advance if I don't socialize as much as others.

I find this forum small and easy going. I like the fact that there are many veterans here, although your choice of service other than the Air Force disturbs me. :D I like the layout of the forum and hope that it doesn't become cluttered as others have. But I do understand that with growth comes changes.

I congratulate the Admin and Staff for doing a outstanding job keeping this forum a laid back place to converse and enjoy the 1911 and firearms in general. :)

Feathermerchant
03-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Ditto what Ellison said and I couldn't ask for a better bunch to hang around for the friendship and knowledge found here. Thanks to everyone on COTEP for making this forum what it is over the past year.

NAMVET72
03-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Please if you say something needs to be added let us Know............

Clyde

RevM
03-24-2012, 09:11 PM
http://youtu.be/9Sx-CAsiw8c

Well ... perhaps an addin that makes youtube vids play in the thread window. ;)

NAMVET72
03-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Mark you can do that:'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sx-CAsiw8c&feature=youtu.be

Clyde

Deleted
03-24-2012, 09:29 PM
I was talking to Ellison the other day and he said we are like a big family... And i agree.

People helping out anyway they can without EGO's Yeah we RAG on poeple on what Gun brands they shoot but it is all in fun.

This is really the only Forum i care to come to.

Ed

Steve CT
03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm easily the newest guy here to vote, I can say that this Forum works for me because it's a Community. The Moderator recognized me from another Forum and invited me in, lot's of people jumped in to welcome me.

I've been shooting with another COTEP Brother, there's a Home State COTEP Barbeque coming this summer.

I wish I had more to contribute besides saying "Thanks"

Steve

wxl
03-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Like to reinterate what everybody has said. Friendly bunch, willing to help each other and fun karmas. Thanks for letting me be a member.

Hoss in IL
03-24-2012, 10:25 PM
:party::chopper::lies:cowboy:bananagun::rock:

And, what the heck, might as well add this. Haven't seen her pop up in a while. Just for Doug and Noel
claire

TJM
03-24-2012, 10:29 PM
I'll echo much of what has already been said. As a new member, and a relatively new owner of a 1911 DW Valor, I don't often post, but it's great to learn from the experiences of others. Probably the most succinct way for me to describe what I like best about the forum is that I realize many of the questions I'm asking for instance, have been asked/answered of you more seasoned folks hundreds of times - but the posts here don't convey the annoyance, we've been there done that tone I've seen/experienced in other forums. Makes this a very welcoming place.

DaFadda
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I'll echo much of what has already been said. As a new member, and a relatively new owner of a 1911 DW Valor, I don't often post, but it's great to learn from the experiences of others. Probably the most succinct way for me to describe what I like best about the forum is that I realize many of the questions I'm asking for instance, have been asked/answered of you more seasoned folks hundreds of times - but the posts here don't convey the annoyance, we've been there done that tone I've seen/experienced in other forums. Makes this a very welcoming place.

Thank you TJM for your comments. I'll +1 on that. In fact... I think the moderators would "privately" chastise a member if "THE TONE" ever surfaces here. At least I hope they would. We've all heard from "That guy" at the range, or on other forums. I for one don't want to hear it here.
DaFadda

douglas_knott
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
:party::chopper::lies:cowboy:bananagun::rock:

And, what the heck, might as well add this. Haven't seen her pop up in a while. Just for Doug and Noel
claire

OH Yeah, well I am naked.

Just joking I'll be in STL the end of the month.

Great friends here.

Thedragonslayer
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM

Great friends here.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Youve been in those frozen concoctions again!!!!1

zenfly
03-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks for inviting me over from the DW/1911 forum.. I ck the new posts almost every day..

GoldenVolt
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm still new here, but I feel like I was welcomed by good friends when I joined.
We all have different things in common with each other, but it's the 1911 that brought us here. We can talk about anything we want and not get flogged for being off topic.

Were else can you ask about a Chipper Vac and a Dan Wesson??????? I think no where.:D Hehehehe.............

It feels more like home and that's why I'm here.:) Lately the only time I go back to the big forum, is when I click on a link from this one.:D

I would like to thank Alex, Clyde , Mods and Members for a GREAT COTEP Forum. :toast:

Greg

Snipersnest
03-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Don't know what to say, that hasn't been said already. I've enjoyed my time here ever since I was invited over by Clyde. I like the new chat features and the wealth of information available which is given freely by the knowledgeable people here. Not only that, we have our own clergy to pray for us ((God knows I need it). The only thing I could recommend is maybe an annual get together. Thank you all for your friendship!

Ljc956
03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
As a "Newby" I feel home. Congrats!

Mike45
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
This is the only forum that post to consistently any more.

All the others seam to host nothing but drama.

DG302
03-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Haven't been on the site too much and I'm not "that" old but the reasons I like the forum are numerous and can be summed up by saying the forum is "Old School"

-Respect for others and their opinions
-Seems most folks here believe in God, Duty, Country, do unto others, etc
-Tremendous firearms knowledge and the willingness and desire to share

Yeah, Old School. There are plenty of great people in the world and a lot who will help without expecting anything in return. I just think their in the minority in a lot of places yet their the majority on this site. Thanks

CCO 45
Guardian 9mm

Dave Waits
03-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Great forum!

Riverpigusmc
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Huh? A year?:eek:
Ellison called me the other night. My wife said" why didn't you hang up on him like you do everyone else? You even hang up on me!"
I don't like people. I like it here.
Plus we have Mary. Well, we have Noel too, but ya gotta take the bad with the good.

Riverpigusmc
03-31-2012, 05:16 PM

Great friends here.

Huh. Well, if it was halloween I reckon you could put on roller skates and go as a pull toy

Quick Draw
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
:confused: Was going to vote, but noticed the thread was closed.

Oh well, I still like it here to the point that it is my favorite forum.

Clyde along with everyone here gave a a great big welcome and I was immediately comfortable that I was among friends.

I particularly like the non condescending attitude of the members here who do not convey the superior knowledge and superiority prevalent on some other forums. Heck I know that I do not know much about 1911s or perhaps most other subjects so I don't need to be reminded. Just help me learn.

Another pleasant surprise was the number of ministers/pastors/priests members which speaks volumes about the quality people who are attracted to this forum. See, I really am Enlightened. (I did confess that I also own a Mimber and Ruger SR1911 before I saw the Light and bought a DW Valor SS)

Still a newbie but a happy newbie who appreciates the privilege of being a COTEP Member.

COTEP # CBOB0638

skosh69
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Huh? A year?:eek:
Ellison called me the other night. My wife said" why didn't you hang up on him like you do everyone else? You even hang up on me!"
I don't like people. I like it here.
Plus we have Mary. Well, we have Noel too, but ya gotta take the bad with the good.

Awwwww...Thanks buddy!:D

CharlieinKansas
05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
I feel like I found a new bunch of friends, kinda like arriving at a new duty station. Thanks for inviting me Clyde.
Regards, Charlie

sdmc530
05-31-2012, 11:19 PM
:DI feel like I found a new bunch of friends, kinda like arriving at a new duty station. Thanks for inviting me Clyde.
Regards, Charlie

we have not started the hazing yet:D

WELCOME!

skosh69
05-31-2012, 11:59 PM
:D

we have not started the hazing yet:D

WELCOME!

+1....just wait....

NAMVET72
06-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I feel like I found a new bunch of friends, kinda like arriving at a new duty station. Thanks for inviting me Clyde.
Regards, Charlie

You Are Welcome Charlie,

Clyde

NAMVET72
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
BTT

Clyde

ronpaul50
02-06-2013, 01:39 AM
If you are trolling for more compliments you're going to get one. I have few true friends.

1. Friends always got your back.
2. Friends help without asking for anything in return.
3. Friends send you stuff just for saying "I'm in".
4. Friends are on this forum.

So LIKE.:D

Boats
02-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Tried most of them.

Keep coming back to this one.

You guys are fun, funny, interesting, know a lot about pistolas, and best of all, are a lot like me.

Even if I don't particularly mind external extractors. :D

Boats

Grouse
02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Tried most of them.

Keep coming back to this one.

You guys are fun, funny, interesting, know a lot about pistolas, and best of all, are a lot like me.

Even if I don't particularly mind external extractors. :D

Boats

Hey now, a lot of societies ills could be avoided if people was just keep their extractors internal...

Boats
02-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey now, a lot of societies ills could be avoided if people was just keep their extractors internal...

Hey hey hey!

At least I keep mine covered most of the time.

Grouse
02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
LOL, he he about to go test some of my external extractor guns.

Arley
08-17-2014, 01:06 PM
I like the fellowship . I haven't been here long but I got people asking to be a friend . Very relaxed , not so uptight like some other forums .

Keep the faith .

Riverpigusmc
11-25-2016, 09:15 PM
bump.

FfNJGTFO
11-25-2016, 10:46 PM
I like it. I think the depth and breadth of knowledge here far exceeds anywhere else, I've been.

I wish there could be more F2F social gatherings, but I understand that's hard to do with everyone across the country.

A tight, close knit family... works for me! nanner

pitor
11-26-2016, 01:12 AM
I wish there could be more F2F social gatherings, but I understand that's hard to do with everyone across the country.

A tight, close knit family...

This for me... Mis amigos pistoleros

Pirate
11-26-2016, 08:13 AM
I like it. I think the depth and breadth of knowledge here far exceeds anywhere else, I've been.

A tight, close knit family... works for me! nanner

Hey, we aren't too far from each other, I am sure there are many ranges in between us we could shoot at and then have a beer afterwards...

BeerHunter
11-26-2016, 07:27 PM
An excerpt from an earlier post from 2012 by DG302 in this thread reflects my very positive feelings about this place and goes something like this:

-Respect for others and their opinions
-Seems most folks here believe in God, Duty, Country, do unto others, etc
-Tremendous firearms knowledge and the willingness and desire to share

There are plenty of great people in the world and a lot who will help without expecting anything in return. I just think they're in the minority in a lot of places yet they're the majority on this site.

Lonestar grips.
11-26-2016, 07:36 PM
I wish there could be more F2F social gatherings

with like 70% of the membership now being from Florida you'd think y'all could get it done.....:rolleyes::D

RKP
11-26-2016, 09:16 PM
with like 90% of the membership now being from Florida you'd think y'all could get it done.....:rolleyes::D

FIFY Z ane. ;)

skosh69
11-26-2016, 09:54 PM
with like 95% of the membership now being from Florida you'd think y'all could get it done.....:rolleyes::D

FIFY Z ane. ;)

FIFY both evilnanner

Lonestar grips.
11-26-2016, 10:21 PM
FIFY Z ane. ;)

FIFY both evilnanner

funny funny funny!!!:D

Riverpigusmc
11-26-2016, 10:22 PM
y'all want folks from other areas, get off your happy ass and invite 'em. Last person I invited was a girl.

sdmc530
11-26-2016, 10:32 PM
y'all want folks from other areas, get off your happy ass and invite 'em. Last person I invited was a girl.

I like girls

Lonestar grips.
11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
y'all want folks from other areas, get off your happy ass and invite 'em.

everyone I know is too respectable to join a place like this.:p

Last person I invited was a girl.

aka a potential ex wife?:D

alright i'll stop being an a$$hole for the day.

sdmc530
11-26-2016, 11:06 PM
everyone I know is too respectable to join a place like this.:p

aka a potential ex wife?:D

alright i'll stop being an a$$hole for the day.

Ladies and gentlemen i give you fifty shades of Zane funny

Lonestar grips.
11-26-2016, 11:22 PM
funny!!

skosh69
11-27-2016, 12:56 AM
And this is COTEP

RKP
11-27-2016, 08:50 AM
You guys are toofunnyfunny