PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Bag on Range today

ColMike
03-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I had mixed results today on the range. Accuracy was ok. Here are the initial targets for each weapon. Two had not been fired before:

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/davismh76/VBOB10yds.jpg
VBOB 10 yds new gun

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/davismh76/valor10ydss.jpg
Valor

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/davismh76/SigP23810yds.jpg
Sig P238 .380acp

2. Reliability. Valor and P238 fired fine. No problems, multiple clips. However, I had some strange results with the VBOB. First two mags were fine (wilson 47d). On round 5 of the 3rd mag, I got a double shot.. bam bam . Tried it again with 2 rounds in the mag and same result. Changed to factory mag which ran fine. Problem solved...not so fast GI. I try to chamber a round on a 3rd mag (the one that came with it, and the gun would not go into battery. I cleared the weapon and took it apart. No apparent problems so I tried to put it back together. It felt 'sticky' but was not dry. Oil showed some buildup of carbon but I would not consider it overly wet with oil. I 'played' with it for a while and for no apparent reason, the gun freed up and I could rack it with no problems. Very strange. Anyone have an idea? i will call DW tomorrow.

So, mixed results and some concern.

skosh69
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the RR, how you get your issues worked out! BTW, nice shootin' tex!

Deleted
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
If that nut you shot with today wasn't there none of this would have happen.

He carries bad ju-ju in his range bag.:D

ColMike
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey Ed, had a good time! We need to do this regularly although your Karma is suspect. ;)

Thanks for a fun afternoon.

Roverron
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
So the Wilson mags acted up, but DW mags didn't? I've had mixed issues with my Wilson 47 d so I switched to chip McCormick and did have my issues which were the double tap in 2 diff guns with the Wilson's and wouldn't put last rd into chamber same 2 guns.

DaFadda
03-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Ed and Mike went shooting together? Where's the pictures to prove Ed was there?
DaFadda

ColMike
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Ed and Mike went shooting together? Where's the pictures to prove Ed was there?
DaFadda

His bad karma broke my new weapon. I wasn't about to risk my cell phone or camera. ;)

ColMike
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
2. Reliability. Valor and P238 fired fine. No problems, multiple clips. However, I had some strange results with the VBOB. First two mags were fine (wilson 47d). On round 5 of the 3rd mag, I got a double shot.. bam bam . Tried it again with 2 rounds in the mag and same result. Changed to factory mag which ran fine. Problem solved...not so fast GI. I try to chamber a round on a 3rd mag (the one that came with it, and the gun would not go into battery. I cleared the weapon and took it apart. No apparent problems so I tried to put it back together. It felt 'sticky' but was not dry. Oil showed some buildup of carbon but I would not consider it overly wet with oil. I 'played' with it for a while and for no apparent reason, the gun freed up and I could rack it with no problems. Very strange. Anyone have an idea? i will call DW tomorrow.

So, mixed results and some concern.

Keith immediately said send the gun in for inspection and work. Waiting on the shipping label.