PDA

View Full Version : Sunday with the VBob

Dred
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Wife didn't want to stay and shoot after our CHL class on Saturday, so after I finished household chores yesterday, I took off without her.

Here are the three targets with evidence of the .45. 50 rounds on the silhouette which would have scored 248/250 for a CHL. More on the flyers in a moment. I added a few head shots to the Zombie at 10 yards. And a bit of two the chest one to the head on the third Zombie.

I'm in love with the VBob. But the rear sight worked loose for the third time yesterday. So, the slide and barrel are gonna take a trip home. I got a response from Keith this morning and he wants to take a looksee.

So, the VBob is just over 500 rounds. It's eaten everything I've fed including 9 rounds of Winchester Supreme Elite Hollowpoint I fed her mixed into 2 magazines yesterday. I'v got 1 checkmate mag that fails to reliably lock the slide back. One checkmate, 2 47DCBs and 1 47TB have been flawless.

Thedragonslayer
03-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Well that looks awsome! Now just to be sure is that you shooting or her????

Im assuming its you, if it aint... I would strongly suggest you not make her mad!!!!:D:D:D:p

I know Kieth will get you fixed... he "obsesses" over their guns being excellent.

Dred
03-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Those were my targets, but I do NOT surprise her late at night. Twice greeted by the flashlight/Sig CSI routine was enough. Only really a problem when I have a strange vehicle 'cause the pups generally don't give warning for our cars/bikes.

I accidentally learned something about Target shooting in the class. When I was younger, I could hold sights and target in focus. And I've been focussing on the target while lining up the blur that would be sights. Now I'm focusing on the front sight and targeting the middle of the blur. It's working out much better and follow up shots come much more quickly. I'm also learning to appreciate this great trigger. Beats the heck out of the dual action revolvers I grew up shooting with my dad. I see great improvement in 4 days shooting - plus loads of great fun.

Thedragonslayer
03-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Congrats! Some famous guy said long ago something about war being successful because good men focus on the front sight....:D:D:D I bet Mary knows who!!!!

uncledirty
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
WOW, I've got some work to do, seeing targets like these make me want to head right out to the range. I got to get in more range time, practice,practice, practice.

Dred
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
226I'm working out a grip with the VBob. I put 100 downrange yesterday.

I really focused on bringing POI to POA with quick follow-up shots.

No pics of shredded targets, but I did snap this "proof" shot before a good cleaning.

titanse05
04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Some good shooting there. Glad that you are enjoying your DW!

Snipersnest
04-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Nice targets, good eye!

AutoMag
04-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Looking good Dred!!:)

Dave Waits
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Dred, those fliers are probably due to the broken MSH on that gun. You're missin part of it.