PDA

View Full Version : does DW factory zero their weapons?

masakari
03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
I got a new CCO about 5 months ago and a used Guardian about 1 or 2 months ago. While dry firing today I noticed that the rear sight on my Guardian is slightly off to the right, then looked at my CCO and noticed that it is also slightly to the right, but to a lesser extent. I assume that this means that DW factory zeroes their pistols?
I havent shot the guardian for accuracy much, mostly extreme close range drills, but never noticed my POI being off center. The CCO does seem to shoot true. I just hope that the previous owner of the guardian didnt try and compensate the guardian for his shooting errors. Ill find out when i go shooting and test it out this week!

Jason_G
03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
I would assume they do. All I can say for sure is that my CBOB was "dead on" when I received it NIB.

Jason

dw1911
03-27-2012, 11:25 PM
I have 5 Dan Wesson 1911's, and all 5 have been right on POA = POI.
Safe to assume they zero them.

titanse05
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
My cbob and heritage were both dead on right out of the box. My CCO however shot 2.5" high at 10 yards. I sent the slide in to Keith and he installed a taller front sight. Now all three are good to go.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

wxl
03-28-2012, 09:07 AM
My Razorback and PM9 seems to be right on.

titanse05, was new front sight shorter to raise POI?

titanse05
03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
titanse05, was new front sight shorter to raise POI?Yeah.....went and rechecked my thread and it was shooting 2.5" high at 10 yards. Taller sight fixed it.

Thedragonslayer
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
I got a new CCO about 5 months ago and a used Guardian about 1 or 2 months ago. While dry firing today I noticed that the rear sight on my Guardian is slightly off to the right, then looked at my CCO and noticed that it is also slightly to the right, but to a lesser extent. I assume that this means that DW factory zeroes their pistols?
I havent shot the guardian for accuracy much, mostly extreme close range drills, but never noticed my POI being off center. The CCO does seem to shoot true. I just hope that the previous owner of the guardian didnt try and compensate the guardian for his shooting errors. Ill find out when i go shooting and test it out this week!

They just "dress" to the right!:eek: Some a little more than others!!!:D:D:D

My CCO is dead-on at 15 yards.

Noel